Game 001

"Hello young man, you look like you need some entertainment in your life."

Hyungwon narrowed his eyes at the man that popped in front of him blocking the way to his home.

"Excuse me?" The sun wasn't going to stay up for long, and all Hyungwon wanted that moment is to return home and curl under his blankets on his bed he calls heaven. Not to be confronted by a creepy weirdo wearing an even creepier mask.

"I mean, you look bored don't you?" The man was around the same height as Hyungwon, which he had to admit, was impressive. His voice was muffled slightly by the mask but the question was stated clear enough for Hyungwon to practically hear the smile forming on the stranger's face.

"No I'm not bored sir, I'm just tired." Hyungwon was starting to lose patience, especially in the late afternoon of a cold winter day. He rolled his eyes, and decided to say whatever he needed to get this man out of his face. "Look, I just want to go home and sleep. So will you please leave me alone?"

Hyungwon stepped forward, ready to push the man aside if needed, but instead almost came into contact with the yellow mask with a smiley face printed on it, because the man decided miraculously that it would be a great idea to suddenly press his face as close to Hyungwon's as possible.

"Ok what the hell to you want from me?" Hyungwon was done being nice; it was frustrating enough that he had an annoying case to deal with on a Friday. He was very tempted to push the man away from him, but luckily his lawyer instincts were there to prevent him from doing stupid things.

Hyungwon stepped backwards, creating more space between the two so that their faces aren't going to stick together. He let out a sigh he didn't know he was keeping in, clearly tired of the weird and annoying things that kept happening to him. At that moment he wished nothing more than to erase the smiley face out of his memory, and if that's not enough rip his mask off and burn it. Because damn that smiley emoji thing is starting to look unsettling.

"Let's try again!" As if things weren't ridiculous enough, "Smiley" tilted his head and his voice brightened up ten times as if he just woke up as a new person. "Call me Smiley," oh there we go. "So now that I know what you want, will you join my game?"

Saying Hyungwon was confused would be an understatement. Hyungwon was baffled and perplexed, and if he could he would stare holes through that yellow mask. But something caught his attention, and his mouth moved faster than his brain (even though a lawyer should be doing the exact opposite of that), "Game? What game?"

Smiley giggled, but Hyungwon decided smartly to ignore that, afraid that it might creep him out if he didn't do so.

"Hyungwon, you will get whatever you desire in this game." Smiley started his explanation, the excitement in his voice too obvious for Hyungwon to be comfortable with.

"Wait how do-" Of course the tone of Smiley's voice wasn't the only thing that concerned Hyungwon. How do you know my name, you creep?

"The game will need more contestants," Hyungwon was totally ignored, and the rudeness just added to the distastefulness of the man. The man he wished he never bumped into.

"So will you please, seeing how kind you are, invite 3 more friends by tomorrow? I will give you 24 hours, and please arrive in the venue 10 minutes before so we can get ready." Smiley stuffed a piece of paper into Hyungwon's hand, with only what Hyungwon assumed to be the venue address scribbled on it.

Everything was happening too quickly for the lawyer to comprehend. His mind was trying to grasp hold of the situation, but everything kept slipping away and breaking apart, unable to assemble themselves into something that made at least a little sense to him.