Game 006

"Lee Minhyuk, you fucking traitor." Shownu said through gritted teeth. He didn't notice his fingernails digging into the other man's skin until Minhyuk let out a painful yelp.

Minhyuk grabbed Shownu's hand with his free one and yanked his arm free. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" Minhyuk looked up at Shownu with so much hatred in his eyes he could almost feel the burn under his eyelid.

Shownu looked away for a millisecond, just long enough to catch the others leaving the room to play the sixth game. He barely gave the door enough time to shut completely before letting all the hatred out.

"Stop playing dumb with me, Minhyuk." Shownu met Minhyuk's fiery eyes with he's own ice-cold pair. "You know what you did. You lied to us about your password. We should've gotten six."

"I didn't lie. I let Jooheon read the password straight from my phone screen. You saw it." Minhyuk defended.

Shownu didn't want to admit it, but Minhyuk was right. He saw Jooheon read Minhyuk's password right off the phone screen. Shownu could sense Minhyuk getting triumphant for winning the argument. He knew he would sound childish, but he couldn't help it when the anger inside him was literally ripping his throat apart to get out.

"Oh yeah? Then show me your phone right now. You haven't changed your password back right? Show me your password, type 1993113JOOHEON and see if it unlocks."

Minhyuk kept staring, having no plans to listen and do what he was told.

It was this moment when the voice in Shownu's head reminded him that this was nothing other than a game. He had no reason to be this outraged. He wasn't even losing; all that happened was a little bit of lying and deception. A sliver of regret made its way into Shownu's heart, but that feeling disappeared as quick as it has appeared. The voice was too soft, too quiet, to be heard. It was too small and insignificant under the storm of white-hot rage that was taking over every single part of his body.

In one swift movement Shownu lunged for Minhyuk's pocket, his hands slithering in between the soft fabric, searching for the familiar touch of hard metal.

But everything else happened so quickly, like the world was sped up. The next thing Shownu felt was a blow on the back of his head, and then everything went black.

-

Call it an instinct, a reaction, anything but intention. Minhyuk was just afraid. So he did what his body told him to: grab the nearest weapon and attack.

Now that Shownu's lifeless body was in front of him, his hands started trembling. He dropped the bat that just magically appeared on the table next to him moments ago.

With a pulsating heart, he ran for the door. Not the door leading to the next game, but the one he and Shownu went through just now.

His eyes scanned through the nametags frantically, going back and forth a few times before finally landing on his own. He grabbed his own phone and switched it on, gripping the device so hard as if his life depended on it.

Suddenly, his mind went on replay, pulling Minhyuk back to last night's events. All the things he had done, all the words he had said, came crashing down on him. The amount of emotions and information in his moment of horrified realization were way too overwhelming to handle.

He was playing a game but treating it as war.

I hear something, like a cupboard being moved and the sound of wood scraping against the floor. I look around to see if anyone hears it, but what am I thinking? Of course no one hears it. They are all talking. In pairs. Funny how this game is made for 7 contestants, like they expect one of us to be left alone while the others pair up automatically.