Game 004 (3)

Minhyuk

I can tell everyone, right now.

Shownu

Fuck. What do you want Minhyuk?

Before anyone could react appropriately, Kihyun made a noise of complaint that sounded something like a sigh and a groan combined. "What the hell's going on? Can't you just press a fucking button so we can move on? I don't know about you, but I just want to get this over with so I can go home and sleep."

Hyungwon knew no one would listen to Kihyun, because he was rude and he sounded like it was everyone else's fault that he was here in the first place. And Hyungwon was right, because he saw quite a lot of people rolling their eyes at the newcomer. This wasn't going to end that easily.

"Well, you got one part correct, you don't know anything about me." Minhyuk said. "You want to get this over with, but I actually want to win here. And I'm doing something right now so I can guarantee my win." Jooheon waited for Changkyun to say something, but the kid stayed quiet. He was too tired and confused, just like everyone else was. He also had that resigned look on his face, because he recognized this situation as one of those where once it started, nothing could stop it. It's awfully similar; Minhyuk sounded like he had a plan, and no one could stop him. Sounds about right, at least to Changkyun.

"That's not guaranteeing your win, if you tell everyone the answer you're going to lose." Shownu said. Jooheon saw, from his peripheral vision, that Shownu was clutching the tableside with so much force his fingertips turned white.

A few of the contestants started to catch up and nodded at Shownu's words, some were even muttering "oh yeah" or "that makes sense". No one noticed Minhyuk returning to his tablet and typing again.

Minhyuk

I'm not planning to tell everyone the answer

Except, if you want to

Shownu received the notification and almost flipped the table over because he reacted so quickly to reach out for the tablet, forgetting that he was still holding the table. Realising that it was a private chat, he forced himself to calm down and pushed the anger away as far as possible at the back of his head so no one would suspect.

Shownu

How would you know if the others answered yet?

They can't change their answers anyway

Minhyuk

I told them not to answer yet

Because I already know the answer, and will tell them all together in the group chat

Shownu

They trusted you that easily?

Minhyuk

No, but it wouldn't hurt to believe me first

If I don't give them the answer then they could just guess again

Shownu

And then everyone will hate you

Minhyuk

I don't care; I don't need their trust

Shownu

Are you sure?

I thought you wanted to win

Minhyuk

You don't get it