Game 002

Hyungwon wasn't sure what he just heard. He knew what Wonho had said, but his brain didn't seem to be able to process that 4-letter word, because he was left standing there like an idiot. Instead of telling him how to react or what to do, his brain decided it would be a great idea to shut off and leave Hyungwon on his own. It would have been perfectly fine if this were a court he was in. But it wasn't.

And that was the problem.

First handsome, now cute? What is Wonho talking about, and why is my body reacting like this? What the hell is happening to me?

A lot more questions circled around in Hyungwon's head, and he was way too concentrated on looking for the answers that he didn't realize the game was about to start. Not until Wonho patted his shoulder and almost scared him to death.

"Oops, sorry I didn't mean to surprise you that badly..." Wonho laughed again, it was the same cute one Hyungwon heard just a while ago. Again, Hyungwon couldn't help but to smile and the sound that he was starting to find appealing. "Let's go, the game is starting. Let's win Jooheon and Shownu!" Wonho skipped towards the newly illuminated area, pumping his fists in the air like a kid. Hyungwon realized they were entering another room, glad that this one is at least dimly illuminated enough for him to see the whole room. He wondered who had put the foosball table there, but he was too busy answering the questions in his head to have known anyways. Besides, it might have been there all the time, hidden in the darkness and only revealed by the lights when it was time to use it.

I should be careful walking around, who knows what other objects there are in this room? I might be running into a wall for all I know.

There was another screen in this room, but it seemed like Smiley was too lazy to turn on the screen, because there was only a note on the table, telling them they had 20 minutes to play and determine the winning team. Why 20 minutes, no one knew, but Smiley did say there was supposedly a schedule to follow. This time, there were no intimidating red timer shit on the screen, so it was safe to assume that whatever time limit they have wasn't going to be as severe as the previous one.

Also, feel free to grab another drink, there's another vending machine here.

The four contestants glanced at each other with confused faces, making an unspoken conversation, that mainly consists of this one question: "Who in the world need so many drinks in the span of 20 minutes?"

But since it was free, they walked over and decided to get one in case they need to rehydrate during the second game.

When it was Shownu's turn, he realized that the vending machine was the exact same as the previous one. And not only the type of drinks were the same, they were somehow...connected.

Smiley must have "upgraded" these vending machines, because there were tiny screens showing how many of the drinks are left. In the first room, there were 20 of each, but as he scans the whole collection, he saw a few 18s and one 19. Doing some quick math, he easily learnt that all the contestants chose the exact same drink they chose last time. He got his drink and sure enough, the display turned from 19 to 18. Walking over the foosball table, he saw that Jooheon held the bottle of water, which made him frown. It wasn't a big deal, he just couldn't get why Jooheon insisted on getting water. There were over 30 choices in that machine. Well, Smiley did "upgrade" it.

After a few minutes of discussing the rules, they finally started playing.

Surprisingly, Jooheon's skills fell under all three other contestants' expectations. You would've thought someone who played soccer would be equally good, if not even better, at a mini and simplified version of it. But most of the time Jooheon mixed up which pole to move and failed multiple times to block the ball from falling in his hole. Maybe it was because soccer requires you to use your feet and legs, while foosball is a game testing your hand-eye coordination and reaction time. Yep, that was no doubt the reason.