Nighttime #2

"Do you mind if we share this bunk bed?" Minhyuk asked, sitting right next to Jooheon on the lower bed, so close their thighs were almost touching.

The memory of Minhyuk's confession resurfaced in Jooheon's mind, causing him to blush slightly. He edged just a tiny bit away, enough to create a bigger space but not obvious enough to show his discomfort.

Jooheon didn't want to say it, or to rub it into Minhyuk's face, but he was a terrible liar. He couldn't lie for god's sake. Even the tiniest lie could be very obvious, as long as he was the one who said it. Everyone he knew had at least said to him once, "I can read you like a book."

So he had no choice but to say the truth.

"Sorry, I...Changkyun and I, we planned to share one." Jooheon's cheeks were painted red, and thinking about the heat just made them a shade darker. He was lucky Changkyun was in the bathroom, but having Kihyun sitting right across them wasn't much of a help.

Minhyuk pouted, and Jooheon braced himself for the most embarrassing moment of his life. "Fine, but that doesn't mean I won't keep trying." Minhyuk smiled and Jooheon tried to smile back in the friendliest way possible so Minhyuk wouldn't misunderstand. He begged silently in his heart for Minhyuk to leave, but he leaned in closer instead, leaving Jooheon frozen in place.

"One day we're going to share a bed and it's not going to be a bunk bed." Minhyuk whispered, hot breath tickling Jooheon's ear.

Jooheon widened his eyes, feeling helpless as his whole body heating up like he was placed into an oven. He had to squeeze his eyes and clench his fists so tight the skin turned white, in order to stop himself for giving any reaction. There weren't the only people in the room, and he had no idea of knowing whether Changkyun was back without turning around. This never happened to him before, and the only thing he wanted to do now was to dig a hole and jump in.

"Jooheon-hyung? Why is your face red? Is it hot in here?" Changkyun was standing at the doorway, drying his hair with a towel. Ignoring Minhyuk the best he could, Jooheon looked towards Changkyun. He probably looked really silly considering how flustered he felt. Nevertheless, Jooheon was temporarily mesmerized by how attractive Changkyun looked with wet hair, his heart already beating miles per hour.

Snapping back to reality and realizing how close Minhyuk still was, Jooheon scooted away hastily and shook his head, chuckling shyly. "No, I'm fine. Maybe it's just too dry in here." His hands reached up instinctively to cup his cheeks.

Changkyun shrugged and looked away, busying himself with the towel on his head. He had yet to get used to the memory of Jooheon confessing every time their gazes met, which wasn't going to end well if his body kept reacting by sending blood up to his cheeks.

There was an awkward silence when no one knew what to say, the only sound being the constant whirring sound in Jooheon's head, mind racing to think of a way to get Minhyuk off the bed in the most casual and least suspecting way. But he was one step late, and Changkyun beat him to it, which Jooheon wasn't sure, was a good thing or a bad thing.

"Minhyuk-hyung, can you give me back my place?" Minhyuk turned to look at Changkyun. "Or do you want me to switch beds? I don't mind." He released the towel from his grip and let it hand across his shoulders, looking at Minhyuk expectantly.

Jooheon didn't want this topic to be brought up again, but he had no control over it. To Jooheon's surprise the weight next to him was lifted, and Minhyuk stood up. "Oh no, it's okay, I'll leave." He gestured Changkyun to sit. "I will get a chance to share a bed with Jooheon next time!"

Jooheon got flustered again and would've blushed in front of everyone if it weren't for his nails digging into his palms. He smiled as Changkyun took a seat next to him, lying down on the bed and closing his eyes to rest, towel still around his neck.