Game 004 (2)

"Shownu-hyung? Why the hell are you here?"

Kihyun looked really confused, but Shownu wasn't ready to answer that question, not in front of everyone.

"Ha! I knew you guys knew each other!" Minhyuk pointed out excitedly, before Changkyun could stop him.

"Shut up, whoever you are." Kihyun closed his eyes and breathed in, hands clenched into fists, clearly annoyed with Minhyuk. He felt the headache slowly seeping back in. "It's none of your business." Kihyun's stern voice seemed to have worked effectively, as Minhyuk's smile faded away immediately and even backed away. A smart move in Shownu's opinion.

"Why are you here." Kihyun repeated, voice devoid of emotion. It didn't even sound like a question, as if he refused to put any effort into making one.

Shownu stood in front of his ex-boyfriend, still equally attracted by Kihyun's good looks as he had less than a year ago, before they broke up. He was surprised at the hair color change, but the peach, orangey color just made everything look better. Shownu didn't know what to say, still aware of the eyes looking at them. So for now he just allowed himself to admire the beautiful person in front of him, cherishing every moment he had. To Shownu, it seemed hardly a coincidence that Kihyun happened to be the chosen contestant, but now, just for now, he was willing to take this as a miracle, as pure luck.

"Answer my fucking question." Kihyun said, this time anger and annoyance apparent in those words. Even though he had been the one who decided to break up, Shownu couldn't help but to feel hurt by those words. Kihyun was never this mean to him.

Suddenly, the speakers were turned on and Smiley started talking, timing in favor to Shownu.

"Ok! I hope you guys are ready, because I certainly am! Move to the next room please, for the next game! Oh and by the way, our new contestant gets a point too. Don't worry, I'm sure you can catch up!" Kihyun groaned and rolled his eyes, rubbing his temples furiously, trying to fight away his headache but to no avail.

A door nearby flung open and startled Jooheon, who was standing the closest to it. Jooheon flushed in embarrassment when he heard Changkyun laugh, having seen Jooheon's scared reaction. "Hey, who are you laughing at?" Jooheon acted angry, but that just made Changkyun laugh even harder.

Shownu saw their amused faces, which were contrasting with his own distressed one. Suddenly he wished he were a young kid too. He thought it'd be easier to smile, with nothing to worry about. While the others walk through the door, Shownu stayed in his place. Kihyun didn't have to say anything for him to know they would be staying here for a while. He hoped it was just to solve some problems.

Hyungwon was the last to leave, but instead of walking towards the door he went to Kihyun and whispered something to his ear. Shownu saw his lips move like a muted video.

Hyungwon closed the door behind him, leaving Shownu and Kihyun alone.

"Uh..." Shownu decided quickly that it would be best to answer Kihyun's question. "I'm also a contestant. That's why I'm here. Hyungwon, the one who whispered to you just now, he invited me to play. We met just this morning." Shownu wasn't sure what was the point of the last part; he was just trying to add as much relevant information as possible. For some reason he thought saying more will somehow stop Kihyun from asking more questions.

For a moment Kihyun just stared at Shownu without saying anything. Those dark brown orbs were doing crazy things to Shownu's mind, but at the same time something in those eyes forced him to stare back. He couldn't look away even if he wanted to.