Nighttime #1

"Apparently, we are staying here for the night." Shownu said, eyeing the tablet uncomfortably, already anticipating the outrage this new piece of information will bring.

Jooheon's pace slowed down as if the announcement created some form of resistance, but he reached his seat eventually, reading the new instructions on the tablet with a serious expression.

Changkyun was so shocked he stopped midway to his seat, shoulders slumped and face turned to stone.

Jooheon looked up from his tablet and observed that, just like him, everyone else looked restless and resentful. They repeatedly eyed their tablets with a hint of disgust, as if silently cursing Smiley for the absurd arrangements.

"Where is he going?" Minhyuk asked suddenly. Everyone followed his gaze and saw Kihyun walking away from the table, and though he was taking his time in doing so, he was definitely walking with purpose.

"I don't know." Only Shownu cared enough to answer.

Kihyun stopped and, without turning around, he explained, "He said there's a kitchen here. So I'm making dinner." With that he continued strolling towards a door, in search of a kitchen.

"Is he being serious? He's actually planning to stay?" Wonho asked in disbelief.

Hyungwon elbowed him and tried his best to sound angry while whispering, "Kihyun's still within earshot distance, idiot." Wonho muttered a half apology and sighed in relief when Kihyun didn't turn around.

"Food sounds good to me." Minhyuk said. "I'm starving." He stood up and ran, chasing up to Kihyun, only to be waved back immediately.

"Back so quick?" Shownu asked, only because no one else seemed to care.

"He said he's going to cook for everyone. He said he wants to be alone." Minhyuk shrugged and replied. "He also said it's not going to take long."

The screeching sound of a chair being dragged along the floor resonated in the room. Heavy footfalls followed straight after. Five heads jerked towards the source of the sound, which was a furious Wonho leaving.

Hyungwon reacted quickest and grabbed Wonho's arm. "Where are you going?"

"Leaving! Isn't it obvious enough?" Wonho didn't try breaking away from Hyungwon's grip, but his raised voice was enough evidence to know how desperate he was.

Hyungwon's lawyer brain short-wired again as he failed miserably trying to look for the right words to say.

Jooheon had finally recovered from the shock previously, catching up with the situation. "But how would you leave this place? The door was locked remember? We already tried together when we first came." Jooheon reminded Wonho, recalling the disheartening experience of not being able to move a simple door.

Wonho turned around and Hyungwon loosened his grip when he was sure Wonho wouldn't sprint away, at least not yet. "I will find my way, okay? I'd break it if I have to." Wonho countered, annoyed and breathing heavily.

"Jooheon's right." Shownu joined in, ignoring Wonho's argument. "Besides, how can you be sure you know the way out? We went through a few doors, but they definitely aren't the only ones around here. The lights are probably turned off in the other rooms. You will get lost."

Hyungwon held Wonho's hand again, tugging on it gently. Once he got Wonho's attention, he looked at him with pleading eyes, and mouthed, "Please stay".

Wonho softened at his best friend in this room and gave in, though not before sighing exasperatingly.

Somewhere behind Minhyuk, a door opened and Kihyun's head poked out from the gap, gesturing with his hands to come over.