Game 006 (2)

Hyungwon hadn't expected it. So all he could do that was anything near to a defence was falling backwards to the floor, landing hard on his back, and half passing out while everyone else dragged Minhyuk away. His hand trailed slowly towards where it hurt most – his jaw. He touched the skin softly with his fingers and pulled away, looking down to check. It didn't bleed. But there had to be a bruise.

Then everything turned to a blur. He heard shouting, but he couldn't make out who said it, or what they said. He was too tired to even try. If it weren't for how dazed he was, he would've started crying a long time ago. He would've hated himself all over again for being part of the reason all this happened, for looking at other people suffer because of him. Maybe getting half knocked out isn't a bad thing after all.

After about a minute someone came over and helped Hyungwon up to the couch. He felt something cold and soft against his jaw, which magically made him feel 10 times better. He looked up slightly to see Changkyun holding a towel against him, finally having find the energy to open his eyes properly and focus on what's happening.

"Are you feeling better?" Hyungwon nodded, touching Changkyun's hand lightly to show that he can hold the towel himself. He wanted to say thanks, but it came out as a feeble croak instead. He needed water.

Changkyun went to the vending machine in the corner and came back with a bottle of water.

After a few big gulps, Hyungwon's voice came back. "Thanks, Changkyun." Hyungwon smiled gratefully and looked around to see what happened to Minhyuk and the others. Changkyun answered his question before he even asked.

"The others went to other rooms to cool off. I think you were too dizzy to hear it, but Smiley announced through the speakers that violence isn't allowed in this game, so the problem kinda solved itself. Jooheon seemed to be the only person that can go near Minhyuk without triggering him, so they went to another room. Shownu and Wonho are right behind us, sorting the points and buying weapons in the game, just like they said before Minhyuk went..." Changkyun wanted to say "crazy", but he ran out of words to describe his friend in another way.

Changkyun stopped abruptly at a loss of words, and since Hyungwon felt better, he felt the need to comfort the younger one. "It's ok, I don't hate your friend. I don't know how he knew about that though, but I guess it doesn't matter. It is partly my responsibility that this started in the first place, even though I don't know if this game will continue if I didn't invite Wonho, Shownu and Jooheon that day. I deserved that punch, and even if he didn't hit me just now, I would've probably hit him because of what he said. I can't blame him."

Hyungwon was glad to see Changkyun relax visibly after hearing what he said. He didn't even need to ask again for Changkyun to continue explaining.

"Thanks for that, I didn't realize how much I needed it." Changkyun started. "So I was saying, Shownu and Wonho is behind us, trying to make this game fair, and probably letting Minhyuk get a few more points just to make him happy." Hyungwon nodded, silently hoping that this would actually work and bring some peace into the situation.

Then suddenly Changkyun lowered his voice and said, almost conspiratorially, "Kihyun is still in the corner, hiding in the shadows. He didn't say or do anything since the beginning of this game. I think something is really bothering him, but I don't know what. I did find out that his gaze never leaves Shownu though."

"Maybe someone should ask Shownu to talk to him." Hyungwon said, more to himself. "By the way, how exactly are Shownu and Wonho sorting out the scores?"

"Well, apparently you can use your teammates scores to buy weapons too, so they just buy random weapons without using them to use up the points. There's another mechanic where you can even give your points to another teammate, so it isn't hard to fix everything." Changkyun replied.