Game 007

Shownu stared as the small, peached haired figure languidly approached, and found it getting increasingly hard to breathe as he acknowledged the closing distance between them.

Hyungwon leaned backwards and let the door to the storage room support his weight. He casually slipped his hands into his pockets, as if nothing happened.

"Were you talking about me? I heard my name." Kihyun said, stopping a few feet away from Shownu, to which Shownu was glad about.

Shownu licked his lips as he thought of a suitable answer, but found his mind drifting away before he could come to a conclusion. He stared at the peachy bangs falling over Kihyun's forehead and slightly brushing his eyes. It was getting too long, and Shownu, despite being in the worst timing ever, wanted to brush them away, like he always did before. But things were different, and now he couldn't even touch one strand of the peach coloured hair even if he wanted to, so his fantasizing ends there. About a minute has passed when realization finally hit him, that he was spending the past few moments pointlessly dreaming about things that wouldn't happen, instead of forming a reply to the question.

But when that happened, it was too late.

"Yes, we were talking about you," Hyungwon happily answered for Shownu, "and Shownu have something to tell you."

Shownu turned his head to glare at Hyungwon, just missing the quirked eyebrow on Kihyun's titled head. He mouthed every single curse he could think of in 3 seconds, making sure Hyungwon got every single one of them by the amused look on his face, before fixing a poker face and turning back around to face Kihyun.

Kihyun's head was still tilted, his eyes looking up because of the height difference. Shownu was taken aback by how cute the man in front of him was. He had to wonder: did Kihyun get cuter after they broke up, or was Kihyun always that cute, and Shownu was simply too blind to see it before?

He had a really bad feeling that it was the latter, but he had no time to worry about that, because he desperately needed something to say before things get any more awkward.

"So...you have something to tell me?" Kihyun asked.

"Oh, uh...yea, I think." There was nothing to be nervous about, yet Shownu stuttered, distracted by the continuous effort of looking elsewhere other than Kihyun's face, while trying to act normal at the same time.

"You think?" Kihyun replied with another question, confusion evident in his voice.

Despite having an answer in mind, Shownu wasn't ready to answer yet, especially with a third person listening in. Luckily, Hyungwon was smart enough to read the situation, saving the need of another awkward silence.

"Maybe I should leave." Hyungwon said, straightening his body. "Have fun talking."

Hyungwon tapped Shownu's shoulder and whispered "good luck" when walking past, and then he was gone. Shownu and Kihyun were alone again. Shownu never noticed how much he needed luck until he heard it from Hyungwon, remembering how things ended the last two times he was alone with Kihyun.

"Well?" Kihyun pushed, as if he was in a hurry.

"I'm not sure if you want to hear what I'm about to say." Since they were alone, Shownu didn't see the need to lie or stall anymore. Lying to Kihyun was never a good thing; it would just make things awkward and hard. Really hard.

"We will never know until you actually say it." Kihyun was surprisingly calm, a huge contrast with the bundle of nerves currently swirling around in Shownu's stomach.

"I don't want this to end with a fight again." Shownu said, tasting the bitterness of those words.

Kihyun looked away for a second and sighed before turning back. "So do you want to tell me whatever you want to tell me, or no?" If there was an anger meter for Kihyun, Shownu was pretty sure it was turning yellow, and he wasn't going to risk anything, no matter how small that risk is.