Game 005

"Have any of you seen Minhyuk? No one saw him left, but he's not in the room. Did you see him open the door?"

Shownu shook his head in response to Changkyun's question. Kihyun violently rubbed his face with the sleeve of his sweatshirt, still facing the wall instead of Changkyun.

"Oh, there he is." Shownu said, pointing to his left where Minhyuk was.

Changkyun turned right and Shownu was right, as a particular Minhyuk was walking leisurely towards them.

Once Minhyuk arrived at the doorway, Changkyun asked, "Minhyuk-hyung, where did you go just now?"

"The toilet." Minhyuk replied simply, putting on an innocent smile.

"Oh, but we never saw you leave the door. Even Shownu and Kihyun, who were standing right outside the door, didn't see you leave." Changkyun said, reasoning with the situation.

Changkyun barely finished his sentence when Minhyuk answered, almost too quickly, "You were all too engaged in your conversations, that's why you didn't even notice me."

Changkyun tilted his head, thinking back to his conversation with Jooheon. Maybe he was too engaged.

Shownu tried to ignore the fact that Minhyuk would've heard everything he said (shouted) to Kihyun if Minhyuk actually walked through the door, and instead pushed his way past Changkyun to enter the room, leaving Kihyun alone, who was walking towards where Minhyuk came from, probably to look for the bathroom.

Changkyun noticed the two leaving and shrugged, also in response to Minhyuk's answer. Then he turned around and entered the room as well, hoping his brain was clear enough to respond to Jooheon's confession without adding on to the embarrassment.

Changkyun didn't notice how Minhyuk let out a huge sigh of relief. How his smile disappeared immediately. How he muttered, "phew that was close".

-

The next morning all contestants were called awake at 6:00am sharp. This task was achieved by pouring ice-cold water on their bodies and moving the beds into hidden compartments using automated machinery.

And no, not all of them managed to get off the bed before the beds moved away.

"Fuck, my back!" Kihyun groaned, rubbing his back and turning away from Shownu who was casting worrying glances.

After a bit, no, a lot more of groaning, they were informed to play the fifth game. They were guided into yet another room, the design, dimensions and decorations only slightly different, but unique, from the others. After announcing the rules, Hyungwon questioned why a totally different room was needed for a game that could be played anywhere.

"So we have to collect birthday dates and the person we like?" Minhyuk asked, holding the phone where the instructions were posted.

"Yea, and then we remember them and then unlock each other's phone. We have to change the passwords now. The person with the most passwords wins." Changkyun replied, probably being the only person who was willing to answer Minhyuk.

"What if we don't like anyone?" Hyungwon asked, despite the voice in his head that is constantly repeating Wonho's name like a broken record.

A few looked up from their phones to glance at Hyungwon, but none of them found a good enough reason to answer the question. Only Wonho cared enough to say anything, which reminded Hyungwon he was lucky to make a nice and caring friend.

"Oh, if you scroll down, there's a separate part, like an annotation." Wonho could've let Hyungwon read it himself, but he went on explaining. "Apparently the app will tell you the person you like, and you are supposed to just copy that and use it as your password. I have no idea how would they know who we like, but I guess that is easier than deciding ourselves. Maybe it's just randomized."