Nightmares

Worthless.

Idiot.

Waste of life.

You'll never amount to anything.

"You think you can be a hero!?" He snarled.

"M-maybe if I try my hardest-"

"You can't even accept reality! Are you messed up in the head?  Listen to my words, YOU CANT BE A HERO"

"Please kacchan..."

"Please what!?"

Izuku stayed silent.

"That's what I fucking thought."  Bakugo growled before walking out of the classroom.

Why do they hate me for having a dream?

~

The scene washed away in a blur and was replaced with one of a playground.

They were around 5 or 6 years old, Izuku didn't know. His childhood friend Bakugo stood before him.

"Stop following me around!" He yelled in anger.

"I'm-I'm sorry..." young Izuku trailed off.

Bakugo's face twisted in anger and he pushed the green haired boy to the ground. "When will you fucking get it!" He snarled.

"I'm sorry Kacchan!"

"That's all you say! Sorry Kacchan, oh sorry Kacchan.  So damn annoying."  the spiky haired boy mocked.

Izuku looked at the ground.  I'm sorry Kacchan.

Bakugo looked at Izuku in disgust and glanced at his 'friends' next to him.  "If words don't work...  then I guess I just have to show you what will happen if you keep following me."

Bakugo's 'friends' smirked.  They knew exactly what he meant.

They meant beat him up.

His friend with the long fingers quirk held Izuku's head in place. While the other two held his arms back. Bakugo towered before him, with sparks crackling at his palms.

"Know your place."

The worst part; that Izuku didn't struggle, he just accepted it.

~

A familiar sight appeared before him.  It was his middle school.

Bakugo was not his only tormentor.  No one liked the quirkless. There were those who felt pity for Izuku. There were ones who hated the bullying. But no one ever did anything.

Most in the halls avoided him.  Walking as far away from him as possible, like he had some kind of disease.  As if they could be infected if they interacted with him.

Others would go out of their way to shove him in the halls. None of the teachers ever cared, I mean who cared about the quirkless anyways?

Bakugo was not his only tormentor.

Bakugo was not the only one to beat him up.

Bakugo was not the only one to spit venom.

Anyone is capable of bullying.

Izuku walked the halls.  His shoulders sagged and he kept his gaze low.  He liked it better when no one interacted with him.  He could heal from bruises, but not from words.

This particular memory was an unlucky day.  He walked the halls, as he usually did.  A thug with slick black hair crossed paths with Izuku.  One of the thugs friends followed closely behind.  They were upper class men, they didn't know who Izuku was, maybe they would leave him alone...

The friend whispered something into the thugs ear.  They both chuckled and changed their course of direction toward Izuku.

"Hey kid"

Izuku walked faster.

"HEY KID," the thug caught up to him and grabbed his shoulder, "aren't you that quirkless kid?" He smirked.

Izuku looked away. 

"You are, aren't you!" He laughed.

"Please.. let me go" Izuku pleaded, his voice was barely a whisper.

Without warning the kid thrust Izuku against the wall.

"Think you can talk to me?" He growled.

"N-no-"

"Shut the fuck up.  Don't speak.  Just listen. Kay?"

Izuku's eyes were wide with fear.  His entire body was shaking.

"OKAY!?" The thug yelled.

Izuku quickly nodded yes.

"You quirkless just piss me off you know?  You think you can breathe the same air as me?  Walk the same earth as me?  You are below us.  Less then flies, less then dirt. You are better off dead."

"You're-e saying I should die?" Izuku whispered.

The thug chuckled, "now your getting it!" He patted izuku's fluffy green hair, "just something to think about." The bully shrugged.

A sudden ringing noise filled the hallway.  The class bell had rung.

"Oh shit dude was that the bell?"

"Damn let's hurry."

"It was fun, but i gotta get to class" the boy smiled before shoving Izuku into the ground.

Izuku did not pick himself off the ground. He stayed still and felt tears silently run down his face.  It was to much.  It was all just to much.  People wishing he was dead.  People hating him just because he didn't have what they had: a quirk. 

I have never done anything to them.  I never bothered them, I never did anything but live.  Maybe they are all right. I would be better off dead like they say. If i-

Izuku's eyes shot open in panic. Oh god it was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream. But It wasn't just a dream. It had happened, it was a memory. Izuku pulled his legs tight to his chest and buried his face in them. His heart was beating rapidly and sweat dripped down his face and back.

He squeezed his legs and cried.  Why is this happening?  Im okay now- though the violent shaking of his body said otherwise- It was only a nightmare.  Nothing more.

Nothing more.