A Hero's Heart

"Hello, Izuku."

"Erm- uh, Hi." Izuku said nervously.

The women chuckled, "Izuku, you don't need to be nervous."

"Well, I uh- okay."

"Izuku, tell me what's on your mind." She smiled.

"I'm just not sure why I'm here." Izuku looked at his hands.

"A therapist is never a bad option, Izuku."

"I... I know." Izuku closed his eyes.

"Can you tell me what's bothering you?"

"A couple things I guess.... Mr. Aizawa's been acting weird.  Kacchan... he was acting strange last night-"

"Izuku I mean about you." His therapist smiled softly.

"Oh..." he didn't continue.

"Just start anywhere." She encouraged.

"I don't know where to start." Izuku sighed.

The therapist pondered for a moment, "How about where it all began, when you first felt..." she struggled to find the right word.

"Hopeless?" Izuku filled in for her.

She looked at him sadly, "Yes, hopeless."

"I guess, it started when I was diagnosed quirkless..."

~

The next couple of days, Izuku begun to feel better and better.

Like a weight had been lifted off his chest, ever since Bakugo apologized, and he confessed to his therapist, he felt better.

The worries that he held deep within himself, were brought out into the open.

And he felt... happy.

He hadn't realized the chains around his heart were so tight until they begun to loosen.

They tightened again on Sunday night.

He woke up suddenly, his heart racing.  His breathing was heavy, and he was sweating everywhere.

He couldn't breathe, Izuku clutched his chest and tried to calm himself.  All he felt was panic.

"It's okay to let other people worry about you, Izuku."

"I know..."

"Izuku, look at me." The therapist said sternly, "it's okay to ask for help when you need it."

Izuku reached for his phone and shakily texted, "help."

He clicked send and waited.

They probably aren't awake, it's late.  No, no, they probably won't come.  It's okay just breathe, breathe.

Tears cascaded down his cheeks, and he jumped when he heard a knock at the door.

They actually...

"Midoriya, are you in there?"

Izuku stared at the door with wide eyes, he opened his mouth to speak, but he could barely breathe.

"We're coming in."

The door knob turned, and the door swung open.  Iida, Uraraka and Todoroki rushed to him, once they saw the state he was in they comforted him.

The second Izuku saw his friends, and the worried looks on their faces, he found he was able to breathe again.

"I'm.. sorry." He rasped when he was finally able to talk.