My Bestfriend

Uraraka couldn't breathe.

He held the knife close against her throat, but didn't draw any blood yet.

She couldn't scream for help, because she didn't know what he would do.

If she had any luck he would start talking.  She had to make him talk.  Maybe she could stall long enough... and maybe someone would come for them.  But she had no way to call for help.

Uraraka sucked in a lungful of air and tried to keep her voice from shaking, "w-what are you d-doing?"

He squealed and Uraraka flinched, at the sudden movement he gripped her tighter.

"Ahh," he giggled, "D-don't move.."

Stop laughing.  I'm scared.  Stop scaring me, you're supposed to be my friend.

"Y-you didn't answer my-my question..." she asked again, her nerves getting the best of her voice.

"Oh? You don't already know?"

"N-no..."

She noticed Izuku was shaking too.  Is he afraid?

"You hurt me."

"I-I did?"

"Yes."

"W-when?"

He paused, "you made me suffer."

"When?" She repeated.

"You pretended to be friends with me.  You hit me.  You don't care about me."

"But- I do care!" She said fiercely.

"Don't lie!" He pulled the knife tighter.

"I'm- I'm not!  But even if I did, it wouldn't warrant what you're doing right now." She steadily gained confidence while speaking.

"Oh, it does."

"How?" She pleaded.  Just keep talking.

"I was tortured because of you all, "This is your friends fault!" He said to me."

Uraraka swallowed hard, "S-Shigaraki... tortured you?" She whispered.

"He told me that none of you would come, because you weren't my friends.  You didn't care what happened to me.  In fact, you would love the thought of me dead." Izuku snarled.

"He was lying to you, don't you see that?" Tears pricked her eyes, but she forced them back.

"He wasn't lying, because I saw it. You all abandoned me." He growled closely into her ear.

Uraraka couldn't begin to imagine how broken his mind was.

"Don't you remember saving me, Deku? I-I admire you so much. D-Do you remember the entrance exam?"

He stayed silent.

"You stoped that giant robot from crushing me, and-and when Shigaraki came for you, you protected me. You sacrificed yourself for my sake, how could I not be grateful? How could I not want to be friends with someone so noble?"

"I-I don't know."

He's afraid.  He's confused.  He's still Izuku.  Under all of this, he's still there.

I'm sorry.

But I'm going to exploit that.

This isn't really how I imagined this going...

"I've actually... always had a crush on you, Deku."

"W-what!?"

His grip loosened, which was exactly what Uraraka had wanted.

He let his guard down.

Remember what Gun Head taught you.

Uraraka quickly grabbed his wrist that held the knife, pivoted on her foot and pressed his arm behind his back.  She twisted the knife out of his hand and it clattered close by.

"I'm sorry." She said firmly.

He was silent. Shocked.

"Help!" She cried out, hoping for someone to hear.

She felt Izuku try to wiggle free. Uraraka pushed him to the ground, and sat on top of his back while still holding his arm behind his back.

"Someone help!" She screamed.  Crap.  They were too far, and no one would hear over their training.  She had to wait until someone came for them.

"You lied to me." He said from under her.

"I-"

"You said that to surprise me.  You tricked me.  I should never have protected you those times, I should never have trusted you."

His words stung.  More then she could imagine.

"Stop it." She spoke.

"I should never-"

"I wasn't lying!" She yelled at him, "I'm not a lair." She growled through gritted teeth.  "I want to protect you, with my life if I have too.  I'm going to help you get through whatever this is."

He stayed silent again.

"Midoriya! Uraraka! You guys over here?" A voice called from afar.

Izuku tried to break free of Uraraka's grip, but failed.

But to Uraraka's surprise, Izuku called out.

"KIRISHIMA COME HERE" he yelled.

Uraraka looked down at him in surprise.

"Deku?"

Once Kirishima came into sight (with Bakugo along side him) Uraraka gave a huge sigh of relief.

"Kiri-" she started to say before being cut off.

"HELP ME PLEASE, SHE'S TRYING TO KILL ME" Izuku screamed.

Uraraka froze, aswell as Kirishima and Bakugo.

"PLEASE" tears streamed down his face, "SHES GOING TO KILL ME, SHES A TRAITOR!"

It sounded so real.