Lost

Izuku stood up straight and backed into the corner of the room.  He wasn't in the mood for this. No no no no no.  Not right now.  He felt so weak, so helpless.

"W-What did you say Deku?" Uraraka's voice quivered.

Don't say it, don't say it-

"I said kill me."

"W-"

"I want to die."

"Why would," her voice hitched, "you say that?"

He looked at the floor and bit his lip. Uraraka looked at him sorrowfully. Then she noticed that she had no idea where she was. She whipped her head and looked straight at him.

"W-where are we?" Her lip trembled.

"I brought you here." He was glad the topic changed. He was so tired.

"Where."

"..."

"Please, just tell me." She pleaded.

"With villains." He couldn't bear to look her in the eyes. He knew he would crack if he did.

"How did we get here?"

"I brought you here."

"Why?"

Don't break, stop Izuku-

"I," his voice cracked, "I dunno"

He heard the bed creak, and he knew she got up. He heard her foot steps grow closer, she was probably going to try and hug hi-

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" He screamed, and she flinched back.

"I just want to help you" her voice wobbled.

"You- you can't," he was breaking, "You can't help me"

"Look at me, Deku." She said softly.

No, no, no I can't.  I can't I can't-

He slowly lifted his eyes, afraid of what he would find in hers.  Hate?  Pity?  Fear?  It didn't matter.

Her eyes... were soft. Understanding? Forgiving? After everything he had done?

Izuku feel to his knees and started wailing. I don't deserve forgiveness, I don't deserve anything, the only thing I deserve is a painful death.

"But you do deserve forgiveness."

Of course he said that out loud. Stupid habits.

"And you don't deserve to die either." Uraraka said passionately.

"Stop pitying me." He cried.

"I'm not." She said softly.

He didn't respond after that, only screamed and cried more. Uraraka desperately wanted to go over and comfort him but she knew he would freak out. So she stayed back, and watched her friend suffer.

"Please stop" she whispered after awhile.

He lifted his head to look at her and gave her a heartbreaking smile, "I want to hurt you, and I don't know why."

She didn't really have a response to that.

I have to help him, I have too. But... I don't know how.

All they could do was marvel at their own helplessness.

Uraraka decided that any attempt at talking or comfort wouldn't help. So she accepted the fact that space was the best thing he needed right now. She crawled back onto the creaky bed and cried because there was nothing else to do.