To Viridian And Back (Red)

I was in a hurry to get to the Viridian City, I had to get the parcel as soon as possible. I was so excited to start my journey already.

I hopped down the stairs outside the Laboratory, where my mother had just arrived.

"Red. Guess I'm on time." Said Mom. "Meowth was chewing on your bed cover."

"He what?!" I exclaimed. That Meowth was my worst enemy, worse than Blue. I had no idea what he had against me.

"Anyways." She hugged me. "Good luck! Don't talk to strangers, don't get into trouble, and take care of yourself. I love you."

"Um, I have to deliver Professor this parcel, so I'll be back in some time." I said, smiling. "Don't worry about me."

I started walking on Route One, which connected Pallet Town and Viridian City. It was small area with a little grass and a lot of trees.

After a few minutes, I heard a cry of a Pokemon. Suddenly, a Rattata appeared.
But I didn't want to get in any trouble.
I ignored it and walked away but then a voice spoke in my head saying - battle it, Red.

It was my dad's voice and I knew what to do. "Go Charmander." I said, sending out Charmander.

The wild Rattata used Tackle. "Charmander, Scratch." I said.

Rattata used Tackle again. "Use Scratch again." I said.

Rattata fainted. That was quick.

"Are you a trainer ?", asked a man. I replied with respect,b"Yes sir, I am".

"Can you have this sample of a Potion, it's free", said the man. He was wearing the clothes of a Mart guy that I noticed later.

I put it inside my bag and he was....gone. He just dissappeared. I reached Viridian City in no time. The streets were quiet and empty. Bird chirping could be heard clearly without another sound but your heart beat.

The Mart was just in front and I needed Pokeballs to catch Pokemons, of course.

The structure of the Mart was same as in Pallet. I opened the door, nobody was there except for the Shopkeeper.

"Hey", said the Shopkeeper." You from Pallet Town". "Yes, I am", I said. "Could you please deliver this parcel to Professor Oak ?", he asked.

He handed me the parcel. It was big as any lunchbox but was longer a bit. I returned back to Pallet with the parcel.

Then I got to Professor Oak's lab.

"Professor Oak,I have a parcel for you", I said, handing him the parcel. "Thank you, Red", said Oak. "It has Pokeballs for you. I was out of stock so I had to order but they sent in your hands"

He handed me the Pokeballs and a red coloured thingy.

"What's this ?", I asked.
"This is your encyclopedia for Pokemon. Just point at any one and you'll get the required information".

It was the definition of developed technology. It had a camera lens which I hoped wasn't for taking pictures. It had two buttons on the side and a bigger black button on the back. As soon as I pressed the black one, the Pokedex popped open and had two screens. One with trainer info and other for Pokemon info.

I kept it inside my blue pant's pocket which was big. The Pokeballs went on the holder of the belt I had been wearing.

I thanked Professor Oak and continued on Route One.