Victory Road (Red)

We were walking west from Viridian to reach the Victory Road which led to Indigo Plateau.

'So, what is this Victory Road', I asked.

'In order to reach the Pokemon League, you have to cross this tunnel, which is known as Victory Road', said Sabrina. 'You can battle trainers inside if you want to, trainers that want to join the Pokemon League but are lost in the tunnel'.

We walked inside the main door outside which it said Pokemon League. On the way, guards asked us to show particular badges and we did, we had all eight badges.

Finally, we were outside the entrance of the Victory Road. It was literally a tunnel.

Walking inside the tunnel was a lot more easier than Rock Tunnel because the Victory Road was a lot more lit than Rock Tunnel.

We walked towards, I don't know. Sabrina knew all the paths, so we just followed her.

'They say you have to battle all the trainers here', said a Pokemon Trainer. 'Up for a battle ?'

'Okay to me', I said. 'Go Hitmonlee''.

'Go Charizard', said the Trainer.

'Do you really have to battle ?', asked Leaf.

'Don't worry, after beating him, I'm battling you', said the Trainer.

'Not a chance', I said. 'Hitmonlee, Rolling Kick'.

'You're good, but you're not that good', said the Trainer. 'Charizard, Dragon Rage'.

Hitmonlee fainted. I was surprised by Charizard's move. It also threw dark blue flames out of his mouth.

'Dragon Rage ?', I asked. 'I give up'.

'Why ?', asked the Trainer. 'Afraid ?'.

'No', I said. 'I know I can't win. I give up because I want to learn how your Charizard used that move'.

'Smart. Okay I'll teach you', he said. 'Come along'.

'I have seen you before', said Sabrina.

'Maybe in the Gym', said Leaf.

'Oh, yes. Sabrina, yes you've seen me before', said the Trainer. We followed him to the top of the Victory Road. Turns out it wasn't a tunnel. It was a mountain which also had open spaces on the top.

The sun was shining bright as we got to the top. I was exhausted, I just was in need of water. I wished I had picked up a water bottle at least when we were in Pallet Town.

'Here is where I practice', said the Trainer.

'You aren't a Trainer', said Sabrina.

'You'll know who I am', he said. 'Use your powers'.

His tone was filled with ambition.

'Send your Charizard, kid', he said. 'You have a lot to learn'.

'Go Charizard', I said. 'Now what ?'.

The trainer gave some space in between, like we were in some battle.

'Go Charizard', he said.

His Charizard was a lot bigger than mine. But my Charizard still had the same angry face after seeing his.

'Whoa, your Charizard seems really confident', said the Trainer. 'Tell him to use Dragon Rage'.

'Charizard, Dragon Rage', I said.

Charizard used the attack but the flame was like a Flamethrower in blue color and not a ball of flame.

'He just sends out blue Flamethrowers instead', I said.

'Charizard, Dragon Rage', he said.

His Charizard opened his mouth and a blue ball of flame was shot on my Charizard.

But Charizard stood still as if nothing happened. The trainer was surprised by seeing that the Charizard was strong.

'That's impossible', he said. 'It doesn't affect him ?'.

'Charizard, do the same thing', I said.

Charizard sent ball of fire but it wasn't blue, it was orange. The trainer laughed and Charizard got more angry.

'He can't learn it that quick, and he will think twice before hitting it's own kind', said the Trainer.

'So send out a Pokemon which a Charizard hates', I said. 'Is there any ?'.

'Come back, Charizard', said the Trainer. 'Go Dragonite'.

'A Dragonite ? Are you some Dragon type trainer ?', I asked. 'Cause you have dragon types'.

'Yes I am', said the Trainer.

I felt like Leaf and Sabrina didn't exist, they stood quietly watching what was going on and Sabrina concentrated on thinking who the Trainer was. She surely knew him.

'Can you tell how do I evolve my Dratini ?', asked Leaf.

'It will evolve when it wants to', he said. 'It always works like that, if you have exceeded the level at which it evolves, and still it hasn't that means it doesn't want to'.

Charizard and Dragonite glared at each other. Dragonite's eyes glowed red.

'Dragonite is very powerful', he said.

'It's the same Dragonite which destroyed Safari Zone', said Sabrina, as her eyes shone purple.

'Correct', said the Trainer. 'I had to catch him before he destroyed other things'.

'Dragonite, Hyper Beam'.

I didn't have to say anything. Charizard flew up high, Dragonite followed him in the air. Dragonite was a lot faster. Charizard used Flamethrower. Dragonite used Hyper Beams again and again.

'Charizard, blue flames, do what the other Charizard did', I said.

Charizard used Dragon Rage', this time it was perfect.

'Great', said the Trainer. 'Dragonite, come Down'.

But Dragonite didn't obey. It followed Charizard.

'Charizard, come back', I said.

Charizard didn't obey. Dragonite used Outrage attack. Charizard stopped in mid air and faced Dragonite.

Charizard opened his mouth and used Fire Blast. I didn't even knew he could do that.

Dragonite used Thunderbolt. Dragonites could do that ?

Charizard held Dragonite with his arms while Dragonite used Thunderbolt.

Charizard flew up high and vanished in clouds.

'Where did they go ?', I asked.

'I know what Charizard is doing', said the Trainer. 'I think we should leave some space here'.

Everyone backed off and left a big space in between.

Suddenly, Charizard was seen with Dragonite. He held Dragonite's neck and smashed him in the ground.

Dragonite was found fainted.

'Dragonites and Charizards are always enemies. They never stop before one of them faints', said the Trainer.

'I remember who you are', said Sabrina.

The Trainer sent Charizard and flew off towards the Indigo Plateau which could be seen from the top of Victory Road.

'Who is he ?', I asked.

'He is Lance. One of the Elite Fours of the Pokemon League', said Sabrina.