Janine (Red)

I saw the same dream again.

I sat on a hill with Leaf near the Indigo Plateau. I looked towards the sky.

But this time, the weather wasn't pleasant and the sky wasn't blue.

It was cloudy, the sky was grey and the wind blew violently.

Suddenly, Mew flew above me and went towards Mount Silver.

Thunder rumbled and I woke with a start.

I was lying in the upper bunk while Leaf slept in the lower. I silently got up and tried to wake Leaf up.

The time was 7:57 a.m and I was determined to fight the Fuschia Gym Leader.

'Wake up, or else I'm leaving without you', I said.

Leaf gets really annoyed when you try to wake her up.

'Okay, I'm getting up', said Leaf, as she managed to get up and get ready.

While Leaf bathed, I went downstairs to talk to Professor Oak.

'Oh, Red', said Oak. 'I was hoping you would call'.

'You were hoping for my call today ?', I asked.

'Yes, you know, as Pokemon League preponed', said Oak.

'Preponed ?', I asked. 'By how many days ?'.

'Days ? A month', said Oak. 'The League is starting from first February'.

'February ? That means I have no time', I said.

'Where are you by the way ?', asked Oak.

'Fuschia City', I said.

'So you are on the right track', said Oak. 'Just battle the gym leader and take a ferry to Cinnabar Island from there'.

'Yes, Professor', I said.

I switched off the telephone.

Leaf came downstairs and we were ready to go.

The Gym was next door to the PokeCentre.

The gym looked like an ancient samurai arena. It had a brown slopy rooftop and an ancient Japanese entrance.

We walked inside.

'Fuschia City Pokemon Gym. It says the Gym Leader - Koga, is poison type expert', I said, while reading a board.

'Poison type', said Leaf, thinking of something.

'Ground and Psychic types are powerful against Poison', I said.

'Psyduck will help', said Leaf.

'Nidoking is the best option', I said.

A girl who seemed to be over fifteen walked to us. She wore a black ninja suit and had these bracers with pink outlines on her limbs.

'Hello and welcome to the Fuschia City Gym, my name is Janine. Master will be here soon, please wait', said Janine.

'Master ? You mean Koga, the Gym Leader's, I asked.

'Yes, he went to the Safari Zone to deal with Team Rocket. He thinks those people are planning to catch the Safari Zone Pokemon', said Janine.

'We saw Team Rocket in the Safari Zone yesterday', said Leaf.

'Yesterday ?', said Janine. 'Team Rocket's entry in the Zone in prohibited, so we think they started wearing casual clothes to enter with anyone knowing'.