Pokemon League (Red)

I stood outside the Pokemon League where I was going to end my journey. I held a Pokeball in my hand and looked at the Pokemon League entrance and tears came out of my eyes.

My dad would've been so proud, I wished he was here. After a long time, I remembered him and thought that no matter if I win or lose, I am a person who covered the Kanto Region and won all the eight badges.

After the League ended, which would happen in a week. Leaf will go to Sinnoh Region. And I will have to go back home and continue with my studies.

I cried and Leaf and Sabrina came flying on my Charizard whom I sent back to pick them up. Leaf put her hand on my shoulder.

'I know I'll have to leave', said Leaf. 'But it's okay, I'll come back annually'.

I wiped my tears and continued to the gate.

The gate looked new. The floor beneath me which was two hundred years old looked like it was just two days old.

I stood in front of the main door of the building and it opened automatically.

The inside looked like a PokeCentre but three times, it had a Nurse, probably with the same name - Joy. And a registration counter and some trainers roaming around.

Leaf walked to a trainer and asked,'Are the registrations done ?'.

'No it will happen tomorrow. And come over with me sometime if you like, for a cup of coffee', he said.

Leaf came back. 'That guy was...'.

'An idiot, I know', I said. 'Don't have to talk to such people'.

I walked to Nurse Joy and got my Pokemons healed. Nurse Joy also gave me a key to a room upstairs. Sabrina got a different room as VIP, only because she was a Gym Leader.

We went upstairs and I lied on the bed.

'Hey, the lower bunk is mine', said Leaf.

'Okay', I said. I got up and climbed the upper bunk. I had no idea this was the time I got to spend with Leaf.

I climbed back down.

'I think we should do something', I said.

'Like what ?', asked Leaf.

'Look, this is the time we have with each other. After that you'll be gone to Sinnoh Region and I'll to stay with Mom and....', I said.

'I will always be a Trainer', said Leaf. 'If I go to Sinnoh, Ill be trainer there too'.

'What do you mean ?', I asked.

'I mean, you don't have to go back and study, if you win the League, maybe you can become a Gym Leader, if Giovanni wants to quit', said Leaf.

'You're right', I said. 'And the next time we meet, it will be a Viridian rematch for you'.

'Absolutely', said Leaf. 'I bet you'll become a Gym Leader'.

I was happy again, thanks to Leaf. We walked outside in the garden. It was huge and had various flowers. Yellow, pink, blue, etc.

We were far from the league, the garden got hilly. And we sat there looking at the sky.

Suddenly, Mew flew from above me towards the Mount Silver which was far away.

'Red, wake up', said Leaf.

The weather changed from pleasant to violent. Thunderclaps were heard and clouds turned black.

'Red !', shouted Leaf.

I was in the upper bunk, sleeping as Leaf was shaking my head to wake me up.

'Was it a dream ?', I asked as I got up.

'Red, you've been sleeping since yesterday evening', said Leaf. 'Let's go down for registration'.

Sabrina remained in her room.

Leaf and I were standing behind at least ten trainers.

'How many more trainers are there ?', I asked.

'In total, twenty trainers are participating', said Leaf. 'Including us. They will be paired randomly in two. The losers get their rankings, then again in two pairs. If you win the first two battles, only five trainers will be left. Then you have to go battle the four elites and if you beat them, there will be a Champion battle'.

'So I'll have to win seven matches to win the League', I asked.

'Yes', said Leaf.

The registration started and the line got shorter and shorter.

'Keep your Pokedex here', said the Receptionist. 'And show all your badges'.

She saw all my badges and scanned them to see if they were real. Then connected my Pokedex with the Computer to register all my information.

'Welcome to the Pokemon League, Red Satoshi', said the Receptionist.

'Thanks', I said, keeping my Pokedex back inside my pocket.

After our registration was done, we sat on the couch placed in the PokeCentre and waited till the afternoon when the pairing was about to happen.

In the afternoon, they called everyone and asked them to pick a Magikarp on which numbers were written.

'You have to pick one of these Magikarps in the aquarium, there are total ten', said the Receptionist.

'I pick that one with number 1', said Leaf. 'What ? That's the date when my birthday is'.

'I'll pick 8 then', I said.

'So, let me see who else picked that one. Okay, your match has been paired with Walter', said the Receptionist.

A Trainer stood beside me. The same trainer Leaf asked about the registration from.

'I am gonna beat you, and that's a statement', he said. 'Too bad, you'll lose the League'.

'And Leaf, you match has been paired with Elaine', said the Receptionist.

A girl stood beside Leaf.

'Good luck', she said.

'Same to you', said Leaf.

Elaine had an Eevee on her shoulder, I thought about my Eevee and how I got it.

I withdrew Jolteon from the box and edited some of my other Pokemons before the match.

'Your Pokemon Battles will be held in the evening', said the Receptionist. 'Good luck all'.

The Walter kid gestured me thumbs down and Leaf got busy with making friends with Elaine.

'Hi Red', said a familiar voice.

I looked in front.

'Ash ! I am glad to see you here', I said.

'You weren't there when I brought the torch to the League', said Ash. 'Were you ?'.

'Nope', I said. 'Really sorry. But congratulations that they made you the holder of such a torch made up of Moltres's flames'.

'Thanks', he said. 'So, are you done pairing ?'.

'Yes, I have my match with a kid called Walter', I said.

'Great', said Ash. 'Good luck for the battle'.

As time passed, I got more confident about the match. And then, it was time for the match.

'Red and Walter go to the Indigo Stadium', announced the Receptionist.

'Good luck', said Ash.

I went to the stadium, it was empty. It just had an announcer, some judges and Walter.

'We have Red on the right side and Walter on the left', said the Announcer.

A horn was heard.

'Start !'.