A Psychic Battle (Red)

I woke up from my dream on the island.

I was in the bed, in the PokeCentre. On the upper bunk was Leaf. The digital clock displayed 4:29 in red colour.

I looked towards my bag pack which was lying on a table next to the window.

I got up and walked to the table, turned on the lampshade and searched for my diary in the bag.

I usually wrote a lot of diary entries about my journey. I started writing from where I left. I wrote about the Celadon City incident, I wrote how I won the Gym Battle against Erika and I wrote about yesterday's battle against Giovanni.

I took a lot of time to express everything on a small page. I looked towards the clock which now displayed 6:05.

As far as I knew, an official Pokémon Gym opens at 6:30 a.m. I wasn't sleepy at all. I think Leaf should change my funny nickname from 'Sleepy Red' to 'Insomniac Red'.

I tapped Leaf's hand and said ,'Leaf, wake up'. She was in a deep sleep and did not wake up.

It wasn't a good idea to wake Leaf up like that, she would've probably beaten me up but luckily I survived.

She woke up, both confused and outraged.

'If you can't sleep, would you don't let others get some sleep', she yelled in one breath. 'I deserve some rest'.

'O-okay, fine', I stammered in shock.

But really, I needed some time with someone. The sun was rising slowly from the Kanto Ocean, still I could only see the sun, not the ocean.

I walked downstairs, leaving my bag in the room. I didn't had my cap on either. Just had the six Pokéballs on the holder.

I missed Pikachu and Magikarp and really wanted to train with them. But I knew I also needed these new Pokémon, I couldn't rely on my dad's Pokémon forever.

Dad had more Pokémons. Some were with him when he, I shouldn't say that. And some were still at home. Mom gave them to Oak, so they can freely roam in Oak's backyard.

I ran downstairs and called Oak using the telephone booth. I barely had some Pokédollars in my pocket.

'Red ? What a pleasant surprise, I was actually expecting you to call me. Now, I can tell why I needed Pikachu', he said.

'Hey, Professor. Okay, why did you needed Pikachu ?', I asked.

'I was researching on something important but for that I needed a very high amount of electricity. You see, Professor Sycamore of Kalos Region was researching on evolution of Pokémon and learned that there is an extra evolution to many Pokémon. Such as Venusaur, Blastoise, Beedrill. These evolutions are called Mega Evolutions', he said.

'Whoa, and how do they exactly evolve ?', I asked.

'Yes, they evolve through a special stone called Mega Stone, wait I'll show you a photograph of one', he said.

But as soon as he said that, the video went blank.

'All the calls are disabled as per the President's orders', said Nurse Joy.

'What order ?', I asked.

'There are some online hackers who are stealing Pokémon that are being transferred from one PokeCentre to another', she said.

'Not good, and for how long is it disconnected ?', I asked.

'Um- a day maybe', she said.

'That means I'll not be able to transfer my Pokémons ?', I asked.