Man in the Moon (Red)

The journey in the Mount Moon was getting boring time by time. I was waiting when we would find the exit and finally we saw sunlight coming from a big hole.

'Is that the exit ?', asked the girl.
'I am pretty sure it is', I said.
'Finally', said Leaf.

We ran towards the exit when suddenly some scientist stood in front of us, blocking the way.

I was sure that he was a scientist, well, because he wore a lab coat and a pair of spectacles.

'I don't think you should head further', said the scientist. He removed his spectacles and started cleaning the lenses with his lab coat.

'Ugh..why sir ?', asked the girl.
'Because I am trying to find fossil here. I already found some but still I don't want any interruption', said the scientist.
'You serious ?',asked Leaf.
'Yes, I am', said the scientist.
'Please let us pass. We have to go to Cerulean City', I explained.
'Go from a different path', he said.
'Please', I said.
'No, I won't', he said.
'Please', I repeated.
'Okay', he said.

Our faces gave a smile saying - Finally.

'But, there is one condition', he continued.
'What is it ?', I asked.
'Pokemon Battle. If you win, you can go', he said.
'Is that it ?', I asked.
'And you can take some of these fossils, if you want. But if you get defeated by me, then you have to go away', he said.
'Okay', I agreed.

He reached to his lab coat pockets and pulled out a Pokeball. He was ready to battle.

'Go Voltorb', he said, sending out a Pokemon who looked exactly like a Pokeball but with eyes.
I pointed the Pokedex towards it.

'Voltorb, a Ball Pokemon. Usually found in Power Plants. Easily mistaken for Pokeballs, it has zapped many people's, explained the Pokedex.

'Alright then, I choose you Nidoran', I said, sending out Nidoran.
'Huh. Voltorb, Charge', said the scientist.
'Nidoran, avoid physical moves. Use, Poison Sting', I said. Nidoran used Poison Sting and luckily it was a critical hit.
Voltorb fainted.
'Nice', I said. Nidoran was worth appreciation.

I had a lot confidence so did Nidoran. I knew what to do, Nidoran looked back and understood that what I was thinking. We shook our head at the same time.

'You defeated Voltorb. But you would not be able to defeat this one', he said. 'Go Grimer'.

He sent out a Pokemon whom I almost misinterpreted for slime. It was made up of some dense liquid which had a really bad smell.

I pointed the Pokedex towards it while holding my nose with the other hand.

'Grimer, a Sludge Pokemon. Sludge exposed to X rays from the moon transformed into GRIMER. It loves feeding on filthy things', explained the Pokedex.

The stratergy that I just thought of was a waste now, only because Grimer was a Poison type.

'Nidoran, Double Kick', I said.
'Grimer, Sludge', he said.
'Nidoran, Peck', I said.

Grimer fainted.

Nidoran flashed blue in color and grew in shape and size, it finally evolved into a bigger form.
I pointed the Pokedex towards it.

'Nidorino, a Poison Pin Pokemon. It is easily angered. By swinging its well-developed horn wildly, it can even punch through diamond', explained the Pokedex.

'Whoa', I said.
'You won ?', he said.
'Yes', said Leaf, happy.
'Finally', said the girl.
'As I promised, I'll let you choose some fossils for yourself', said the man.
'Okay, just tell us what to pick', I said.
'I recommend these Dome and Helix fossils', he said.
'I'll pick the Dome Fossil', I said.
'I'll take the Helix', said Leaf.

We picked the fossils and put them in our bags safely. We thanked the man and were out of tge Mount Moon in no time.

That was the best thing ever, seeing the bright sunlight. I was sure that I wasn't the boy in the prophecy and I was happy with that.

'Cerulean City, here we come', said Leaf in merry.