The Rock Tunnel (Red)

I know what you must be thinking, Red is not a strong trainer but he is just as sensitive as any other. This is just the start of my journey, I have many things in my life to accomplish. But for now, just concentrate on whatever I tell you.

Rock Tunnel was really dark from inside and I was lost inside it. I couldn't see anything. There was just a water dripping sound in the background and nothing else.

I wasn't scared of the dark that much now but still I felt something's presence. Then there was sweat all over me, it was getting hotter in here. I had no idea where I had to go. I couldn't even see the map unless I knew my own location.

Suddenly, I saw a very dim light coming straight towards me. It was a man holding a torch.

'Hey, kid. Are you lost ?', he asked.
'Yes, kind of', I replied.

The man stopped right in front of me.

'The torch is almost out of batteries and I don't have more. So, are you going to Cerulean City ?', he asked.

I couldn't see his face properly because the torch was pointing towards me. He wore a hat and was a little fat but tall. He carried a big hiking bag. His voice was heavy and shaky.

'No, I am headed towards Lavender Town', I said.
'I must be insane. You are going towards the wrong direction', he said.
'I am coming from Cerulean too. And Lavender is the other way', he said.
'Oh, really ?', I said.
'Yes', he replied.
'I would've asked you to come with me but I have to go back to Cerulean for something. But you can continue', he said.
'Thank you very much', I said.

He looked like very kind person to me. I continued on the directed route and finally came out. I finally....wait. I was back from where I started, that man fooled me.

I was angry but happy too because now I can use the map. But how was I going to see it.

'Wait, I have an idea', I said. 'Go Charmeleon'.

Charmeleon came out of the Pokeball.

'Would you like to stay outside until we get to Lavender Town ? It's too dark in there', I said.

Charmeleon smiled and said - Charmeleon.

We walked back inside. I could see almost everything clearly. Suddenly, something shone brightly, it was near a big rock and reflected light from Charmeleon's tail fire.

I slowly walked towards it and picked it up.

It was a Pokeball but much better than a normal one. It had 'Gold' colour instead of Red and 'Silver' instead of white. Near the black line, it had GS carved on the golden portion. I tried to guess what kind of Pokeball it was and tried to figure out what the GS stood for.

Maybe it was just a fake thing and GS was some company or someone's initials or maybe Gold-Silver.

I kept it in a small pocket inside my bag. I wanted to show it to Professor Oak. Maybe it was some rare Pokeball.

I continued walking. Then suddenly a man flashed a torch light towards me. It was the same man.

'Didn't you go back to Cerulean, Red ?', he asked.

Charmeleon flashed his tail fire brighter and the man's face was revealed. It was Blue who tried to fool me, he still wore the hat but it was just a Pokémon Trainer Hat and not a hiker's. He didn't look fat, maybe I just saw his shadow. He carried a huge bag with him.

'Blue ?', I said.
'I fooled you', he said.
'So, why are you still here ?', I asked.
'To fool Leaf', he said. 'Wasn't she with you ?'.
'Um, no. She left for Sinnoh', I said.
'Oh, no. I had to say her good bye at least', he said. 'What about a battle ?', he asked.
'Of, course', I said.
'Go Wartortle', he said.
'I choose Charmeleon', I said.