The Breath Of Dragonair (Red)

'You three can go to Professor Oak's lab', said Mom. 'Come home by seven o'clock'.

'Okay', said Leaf.

'Correction, you two can go', said Sabrina. 'I must go back to Saffron City'.

'Why ?', I asked. 'You can stay here'.

'No, next Pokemon League session is coming', said Sabrina. 'I should be leaving'.

'Bye', said Mom. 'Do come visit whenever you like'.

'Bye, Sabrina', said Leaf, she ran and hugged her. 'We'll meet again'.

'Bye and thank you for accompanying us', I said. Sabrina winked and said ,'No problem, Red. See you soon'.

'We wish the same', said Mom.

Sabrina waved and walked towards Route One. Leaf and I looked as she walked away.

'Go to Oak's Lab', said Mom. 'He said he wanted to meet you'.

'Yes, we were just going', I said.

'I really want to rest right now', said Leaf. 'Really tired'.

'Me too', I said. 'Let's just go to the Lab first, I don't know but he always wants us to meet him, etcetera etcetera'.

'Stop talking and get going', said Leaf.

'I don't have enough energy now', I said. 'I could really sleep here on the ground '.

'Okay, go Dratini', said Leaf.

'No, I'm awake. I'm very energetic, what are we waiting for, let's go to the lab', I said.

I started walking towards the lab.

'How did this guy even win the League ?', asked Leaf. She walked with me, followed by Dratini, Leaf kept Dratini outside.

We walked to Oak's lab which was on the south-eastern side of the town.

We rang the bell of Oak's lab.

'Our journey ends here', said Leaf.

'Maybe', I said.

The door opened ,'Not yet', said Professor Oak, he smiled at the two of us and welcomed us inside.

Blue was already sitting in his grandpa's lab. 'Hey, Red and Leaf', said Blue.

'Hi, Blue', I said.

'I heard that you gave up your chance to be a Gym Leader', said Professor Oak.

'Yes Professor, only because I want to be a Trainer', I said.

'But, you win the League', said Oak.

'I know training is fun, and I know that, I think you should go to the Sevii Islands', said Blue. 'It's a good place for training'.

'Blue, aren't you the Gym Leader of Viridian City now ?', asked Leaf.

'Leaf, I am', said Blue. 'But I want some changes in the gym, it looks like a Team Rocket Hideout'.

Leaf and I exchanged looks.

'So, I heard Leaf is leaving tomorrow', said Professor Oak.

'Tomorrow ?', I asked.

'Yes, my tickets are at your house', said Leaf. 'I'll be leaving in the morning'.

'Do come visit again', said Blue. 'Everyone here will miss you'.

I couldn't say anything, my best 'human' friend was now leaving to a while new region. I knew what I had to do.

'Can I come with you ?', I asked.

'What ?', asked Leaf.

'I could participate in Sinnoh League', I said.

'Red, correction. You can't participate in Sinnoh League unless you have participated in Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Leagues before. If you want to, change yourresudence to Sinnoh', said Blue. 'What, that's the only way'.

'That's okay, Red', said Leaf. 'I'll visit Kanto again, it's not that I'm never coming back'.

I shook my head. 'Okay', I said.

'Uh, Red. Would you like you to go to the Johto Region ? Because that's the closest one', asked Professor Oak.

'Sure', I said. 'I want to participate in Johto League'.

'Okay, I'll talk to my friend Elm. He'll get you registered in the Johto League', said Professor Oak. 'And Leaf, I'll talk to Rowan, if you want to participate in the Sinnoh League'.

I knew Leaf wasn't eager to join the Sinnoh League, she looked at me and said ,'I will definitely participate in Sinnoh League'.

'Okay', said Professor Oak. 'You can go and enjoy'.

We walked towards the main door and got outside. 'Great, now well be on a journey but not together', I said.

'I feel bad about leaving Kanto, but feel worse about leaving my best friend', said Leaf. 'I still can't believe I will be off to Sinnoh tomorrow, seven months are short, aren't they ?'.

'Yes they are', I said. 'Let's go home and talk or something'.

'Sure', said Leaf, smiling.

My house was not really far from the lab, we reached there by the next few minutes.

I walked inside, followed by Leaf and her Dratini. 'Leaf, your Dratini is cute, but it's huge, you mind calling her back ?', said Mom.

'I'll call her back', said Leaf, taking out a Pokeball.

'Wait', said Mom. 'Dratini take a candy before going back'.

Mom tossed a candy from the table, it looked familiar to me. Then I realised it wasn't a regular candy.

'Nooo', I shouted.

Dratini ate the candy and glowed blue in color. 'Dratini, move out of the house', I shouted.

Dratini grew bigger and the ceiling broke, my study table fell down along with some cassettes that belonged to my dad. I caught one cassette.

'Move out of the house', said Leaf. Dratini, still evolving, went outside.

She finally evolved into Dragonair. The house was all broken from the front.

'I'm really sorry', said Leaf.

'No, Leaf. I gave her the candy', said Mom.

'That was a rare candy', I said.

'Cheer up cause Leader Blue is here', said Blue. 'Don't worry, I'll get it fixed for free, I'm really rich now'.

'Because you are a Gym Leader ?', asked Mom.

'Yes', said Blue. 'Anything for Red and his family'.

'Thanks Blue', I said. 'But I think we'll get it fixed'.

'No, I'll help you. Please', said Blue.

'Okay, okay', said Mom. 'Thank you Blue'.

'Okay, thanks Blue', I said. 'But at least something is left in the house'.

Dragonair sneezed and a Hyper Beam came out and the house was turned into dust.

'Where's Meowth', I panicked.

'Don't worry', said Mom, showing me a Pokeball. 'He's fine'.

'Red, you can live in my house with your Mom', said Blue. 'My sister would be there'.

'Again, thanks Blue', I said.

I looked down and it was a ticket, a plane ticket to Sinnoh.

'Leaf, this must be yours', I said.

Leaf picked it up and gasped. 'Why did this thing even survive ?', asked Leaf.

'Come on, let's go', said Blue.