Jason

Nay takes my hand and pulls me in the direction of the classroom. I can pick up how angry she is and I can't believe Tim was so stupid as to place their friendship in danger. I truly think how ridiculous his behaviour was. Now everybody knows that he's jealous. I have no inclination to be in his clique. I don't care what the other boys think of me. I'm interested only in Nay.

Tanja was right, soon we'll all be scattered. Uni study or an apprenticeship are ahead of us. I won't waste my time by getting involved in Tim's game. I'll avoid him so as not to endanger him, and that's it. I'm glad I don't have to join in any sport; that would probably be a pleasure for Tim and his associates. A built-up mass of testosterone would quickly boil over. I'm sure of that. But I have a certificate from the psychologist. I keep fit, but just at home. Sharon always has to confirm that I regularly undertake sporting activities, so no little intrigues can come from that side. Luckily!

"Jason, I'm so sorry!" says Nay when we sit down. She's sitting at my desk and I have no objection.

"It's not your fault," I calm her down.

"I can't believe what he just did, I really can't understand it!"

"I can't either. He made an utter fool of himself!"

"You can say that out loud! Can I sit here near you?"

I take her hand in mine and nod. Then I pull my hand back because we're being watched. By the whole class. Tanja grins at us encouragingly and Tim is sitting with a deeply reddened and downcast head. Nobody's talking to him. You could really feel sorry for him.

This time I have no trouble in following the lesson. With Nay next to me it's easy for me. I even ask a few questions, and also to show Nay that I'm not stupid.

The teacher is enthusiastic and the class mutters each time I give a correct answer. I'm satisfied with myself when the bell rings and we walk to the next room.

Again Nay sits down near me and this time she doesn't even ask me. Tanja comes to our desk and shakes her head. "What a ridiculous turn Tim put on!" she snorts.

"I'm all the way with you!" Nay confirms. "Now it's clear to everybody that he's just jealous and has made a complete idiot of himself!"

"Yes, and he's shocked a lot of girls because it's now clear that the whole time he's been in love with you. Man, his lady devotees are really cross," she laughs.

"How do you know that?"

"Well, I was standing next to Maya, and she's mad at him anyway because he's finished with her. And now she knows why. Oh yes, and then Dina and Carola stood there as well and observed everything, they didn't look amused. They were quick to put their mobiles to their ears. In a few minutes Tim was the school's biggest arsehole. The girls hate him."

"Wow! That's heavy!" I say. To have a gang of girls against you doesn't sound good!

Nay sighs. "He could almost make you feel sorry for him, but he's to blame himself!"

"Yes, no pity for him. And Jason, you should watch out now." "What do you mean, Tanja? Do the boys want to beat him up?" Nay asks horrified.

Tanja gives a loud laugh: "Nope, not that, but the girls have been fantasising about what it would be like if you took off your gloves, and which of them would crack the nut ... theyre all red hot! I don't want to go into details about dirty seduction techniques. It's all so incredible ..." She throws back her head and laughs even louder. "Oh my God, you haven't really heard that?" Nay asks aghast. "But it's all true. It seems that some are completely turned on by that. This whole trick – even if I know it isn't one!" Tanja explains with a wink. "But the girls seem to love the mystical in you ... so be careful!" She clearly finds that witty.