Jason

It's incredible how fast the time passes. Another day has ended and still there's been no attack by the HA. However, I'm now sure where they keep their prisoners. What I've picked up is that near the house there is an old bunker; Lukas told me about it.

For some reason I like him. It'll be difficult to kill him, but he's an angel of death ... I give a frustrated sigh. I don't know if he'd still like me if he knew what I've done. Maybe he'll hate me too when he learns about it. Today in the training cellar, when only Lukas and I were there, I tried to manipulate him – no, that's wrong, I didn't try, I did it.

To my boundless surprise chubby-cheeked Lukas did in fact do the splits when I asked him to. Everything was so simple; I just had to concentrate on what I was asking of him. I didn't even need to speak out loud. I just had to wish it.

I don't know exactly how Rafael's hypnotism functions, but I'm certain that what I did with Lukas was something of the same kind, if not even more precise and quicker. Lukas could remember nothing because I didn't want him to, but he whinged about pains in the area of the loins. Fortunately he blamed that on sitting for a long time and finally he thought he needed movement before he went rusty. After that we two fought, and the pains in his loins were forgotten by Lukas. I was rather pleased and then pondered how I could do more testing of this new gift. At the evening meal I asked Lukas mentally to hand me a glass immediately, which he then did. When I told him I didn't want a glass he just looked at me in astonishment.

After that I did a test on Theo. I first of all sent him to the toilet, and a short time later once more, so that Rafael finally asked acidly whether he had drunk too much alcohol. I was so amused by it that I sent Theo and Marcus to the toilet together, and then Rafael jumped up in a cantankerous mood and yelled there'd be no more alcohol for the two of them. And I have to grant it to Rafael: all obeyed his orders although he has few powers.

Later I'll go to the bunker and set Nay free. I'll have to explain to her that she's an abnormality like me, but in a positive sense. What might she say then?

Who is her father? It can't be Mr. Norton; I've met him. Whatever! I'll have to get Nay far away from here, otherwise they'll do experiments on her. I'd like to know who betrayed her. I hope they treated her well; otherwise I don't know what I'll do ... I'm lying restlessly in my bed and waiting till all the others have gone to sleep. When finally I can't hear any more noises, I sneak out of the house. Lukas said the bunker is to the right in the forest, so I jog in that direction.

When I arrive it's in fact impossible to overlook the fact that there is a "prison" there, because Theo is standing in front of it and keeping watch. Hm, should I send him to the toilet again? When that thought comes I cannot help grinning. No, no more toilet for Theo today.

Instead, I'll ask him to let me into the bunker and to forget I was there. Yes! Better! So I concentrate on Theo, then wander over to him casually and impart to him in thought what I want from him. Without saying anything he unlocks the bunker and allows me entry through a rusty corroded steel door. Hurrah, I'm good! I think. Everything is so marvellously easy that I really marvel at myself. Nevertheless I warn myself that the tide can turn quickly if I don't watch out. So be careful!

When I walk through the door a smell of mould and decay meets me. On the right a small corridor leads to a small room that is empty and dark. So I wander back and find on the other side another dark room and concrete steps that clearly lead downward. Down there the corridor leads me to a gigantic-sized room that is bare and cold. In the middle of that room a person is sitting on a heap of pallets – with a potato sack over the body – and my heart sinks into my boots.