Prologue

After a few arguements whether where are they going to live, Jem finally convinced Tessa to stay in the NY Institute at least for a few weeks until they finally made a decision where will they be staying permanently. They had so many options - Jem is thinking of returning to his hometown back in Shanghai, or live a silent life in London -though he is pretty sure Tessa would not want that. She's had so many memories in London - of love, of lost, of betrayal, of pain. Jem is fearing that Tessa's agony would trigger again if she stays in London. Magnus told him enough stories about Tessa's life after his parabatai died.

And speaking of Magnus, he paid another visit here in the Institute to go check on his boyfriend Alec - who looks exactly like Will, to his fascination. Alec Lightwood sometimes lives with Magnus back in Brooklyn, sometimes, in the Institute, depending on the situation.

Alec's sister Isabelle reminded Jem of Cecily, though her obsession for fashion is somewhat relevant to Jessamine's back then. Isabelle went out with Tessa for some girl's night, proudly showing a credit card that belongs to her mother before they left.

"Mom will not mind. Besides i - i mean we are also going to buy toiletries." Isabelle reasoned.

Alec sits on the couch with Magnus and his parabatai Jace beside him. Speaking of which, Jace reminded Jem of Will and Tessa's first son - James and Will at the same time.

It had been very awkward especially for Tessa to Jace and vice-versa. He seems uncomfortable living with his a hundred and something year old grandmother who looks like someone in between nineteen and twenty - two.

Jace's girlfriend Clary entered and sat beside him. Her mother Jocelyn Fairchild chose to live a silent mundane life with her new husband Luke.

Silence. Everyone is throwing glances at one another, unable to decide who is going to ask Jem first. As if on cue, Church the cat enters. He purred and jumped into Jem's lap, resting his head on his thigh.

It was Jace who spoke first. "How do you do it?" Everyone threw confused looks at him.

"Long story." Jem said. He stroked the cat's head. Church purred affectionally.

Jace noticed that everyone had their gazes on him. "What? The best thing you could get from that cat is a very loud angry purr."

Church the cat hissed at Jace.

"See?" Jace said. Everyone ignored him.

Clary began speaking, "So Brother-"

"Please call me Jem." Jem insisted. Clary reluctantly nodded.

"Uhhh, Jem. There is just one thing i am wondering. Tessa said she's a warlock, but i can see she has no Devil's mark.-"

"Clary, you do know Magnus told us not to ask, right?" Jace cut off. Clary then bowed her head for no good reason. Jem let out a soft chuckle.

"Its quite alright. Though i should say, Tessa should be the one telling her story. It is not my place." Jem said.

Magnus is about to say something when his phone rang. He took his phone using his free hand - Jem thinks both Magnus and Alec is unaware that Magnus' arm is looped around Alec's back.

"High Warlock of Brooklyn." Magnus answered. Magnus actually has two phones : one is for mundane use and the other one is for business transactions. A very familiar sob replied. Magnus knew her enough so as to tell what that sob means.

"Magnus. Send us a portal. Right Now." she sobbed again.

"Tessa, what is going on?" Jem stood up sending Church on the floor and rushed to Magnus' when her name is mentioned.

Tessa gulped on the other line. ",I know this is really impossible, and crazy, and i think i am going crazy right now..." she sobbed louder.

"It's Will, Magnus. He's here."

A.N: So basically, the next chap is about Tessa's POV about whatever's going on. Please review and vote. They'd be so much appreciated.
P.S : Would you guys mind to read my other story, It's called Let Go. It's also set in an alternate dimension in TID wherein Jem and Tessa where married. That story is basically my own perception how Will would be if Jem married Tessa. Votes and reviews for that one is also appreciated.

I DO NOT OWN TID/TMI. THEY BELONG TO CASSANDRA CLARE.