XI

Later that night, Will knocked persistently on Jace's door, the other hand clutching his pocket watch that is still miraculously with him. Will had no choice but to ask the help of this guy. He's the only one in here who has the closest measurements to him. Jace, who is only in his boxers opened the door angrily and snapped at Will. "What do you want?"

Will stared at his boxers. "Nice bloomers." Will complimented. Jace grunted. He rolled his eyes at him. "They're boxers. And if you are here to go check my wardrobe, you can wait until tommorow."

"Actually," Will said, "I am here to borrow some clothes. If you don't mind, of course. "

"What if i do?" Jace sneered.

"The i've got no choice but to raid your wardrobe whether you like it or not." Will sneered back.

Jace snorted. If this man is as hard headed as he is, then this man would never leave his door. Jace snorted and opened the door for him. "Come in."

Will is certain he is not this plain and neat: plain white sheets covers his bed neatly, the white pillowcases matching its neatness. His desk is neat: maybe it's because there is nothing on it except perhaps a few books, a piano sheet, and his dark clothes for today that is neatly folded and placed in his desk. His shoes and boots are neatly placed under his bed, together with a few colorful paperbags, some of them filled with more clothes.

Jace turned at him. "May i ask, why do you want to borrow my clothes?"

Will grinned. "One. I am pretty sure we have the same measurements. Two. If you really are a Herondale, then you should know how to dress yourself."

Jace glared at him."What is this, like a sort of test to prove i am a Herondale?"

Will grinned wider, which seem to annoy Jace more. "More like a rite of passage."

Jace huffed. "Why?"

Will frowned. "Why do you need a rite of passage?"

"No!" Jace said angrily. This man starts to tick him off. Then Jace suddenly wondered, is this how Alec sees me?

"I'm asking you why are you borrowing my clothes?"

Will hesitated for a few long seconds, obviously thinking of an alibi that he would buy. Jace stared at him patiently.

Finally, Will sighed. "Okay. It's worth telling you. Me and Tessa are going to the public library tommorow."

Jace bit the back of his cheeks to restrain himself from laughing. "You're going to date a married girl?"

"It's not a date." Will defended. "We'll just have a good time in the library tommorow."

Jace grinned."That sums up about it. Dating is always about having a good time."

"That is not dating! Too casual. That is hanging out with your peers." Will protested.

"Define a date then." Jace challenged.

Will nodded. "Sure. A date is where you walk with a girl holding hands on the way to the park. Wherein you'll treat her on a very fine restaurant for lunch and on a high-class bakeshop for desserts. You'll visit the theatre before going home. Oh. And kissing each other a passionate goodnight kiss."

Jace looked unimpressed. "Too cheesy. And corny." He commented. "And judging from where you are taking grandma, too nerdy."

"Nerdy?"

"Look. The point is," Jace stood closer to him. "You'll have to make the girl laugh her heart out for the rest of the day. Makeout in her bedroom - even sleep with her in her bedroom for the night. Assuming the girl's mother is not around-"