XXV

Many weird things happened from the past few days, but to Will, those events were nothing to what surprised him this morning on the dining table: Tessa asking him to go out with her on an amusement park.

Will didn't knew how to react back then. All he could do was to stutter random, irrelevant words as a reply. Unfortunately for Will, Clary Fairchild and the Lightwoods are not around that time, which means Jace is a hundred percent free to pick at him for as long as he likes. Will tried to look at Jem for help, but to Will's shock and surprise, Jem is smirking at him, his eyes gleaming with amusement as he wiggles his eyebrows. Will didn't take that as a reassuring answer. He even suspects Jem is behind all this.

Finally, after a few pushes both from Jem and Jace, Will hesitantly agreed not because he despises Tessa (And it would take heaven and hell before it even comes to thought) but because he is feeling ashamed that he is taking out a married woman. Jem's warm smile and gleaming eyes were not helping him to be confident.

Herondales are supposed to be confident - even if they are wearing sack cloths. Will suddenly feels ashamed of himself for picking self-consciously at his outfit, even if Tessa herself insisted he looks great in a plain cotton dark shirt, denim and sneakers.

"Is everything okay, Will?" Tessa turned her back to him. Her eyes now had that faint him of blue on them, making it look like the London sky, as he remembers it.

Will almost mentioned Jem - good thing he stopped himself just in time. "I'm okay." He said. Tessa frowned at him, as if he made a wrong, stupid respond. "I really hate this ladies first thing, you know?"

Will cocked his head to one side. Tessa resisted to go all awe on him. "What do you mean?" Will innocently asked, as if he didn't know what Tessa is talking about. Back in the old days, it always feels right for Tessa to have boys behind her. But now, it makes her feel uncomfortable and awkward, like she feels paranoid that the men are staring at her back areas. Magnus told her it's normal, considering the passing of time, the changing of eras.

"Walk beside me." Tessa hissed. She hinted a ghost of a smile on his lips as he blinked innocently at her. Tessa mentally grumbled. "This is the twenty-first. Not the Victorian."

Will smirked and obeyed. Tessa sighed in satisfaction.

As they walk on by, Will noticed many women, from as young as fifteen, to as old as fifty checking him out. He threw a smile at each of them, making every woman who sees his smile squirm delicately. Tessa noticed this and hissed, "Hold my hand."

That caught Will's attention. She's joking, right? He gaped at her, though her facial reaction seem to harden.

"I do not like the attention to me or you. Grab my hand and hold it." Tessa commanded.

She recalled what Jem told her a few minutes before the two of them hang out. She was expecting some sort of rules. However, what Jem told her was no rule or restriction: it was all do's, no don'ts. To summarize everything, everything is perfectly fine with Jem for Will to treat Tessa as if she belongs to him. What shocked her more is that his words came out naturally, without doubt, without sounding forced, just pure amusement and happiness.

"You both needed it." Jem warmly smiled at him. Tessa wanted to say the words so sweet she could barely imagine saying it to Jem so badly. He's always kind and understanding. All Tessa did was kiss him passionately and whispered her thanks to his lips. Tessa caught a smirk and a gleam on his eyes before she left.

Will slid his hand on hers. To Tessa's surprise, it felt right and just. Perhaps because she's married to him in a different time, who knows? Tessa threw Will a glance, who, to her annoyance, is grinning at her madly.