XXI

Guys, sorry if it took me almost two months to update. School activities keep on piling up, i hope you guys understand and pls review this chap and if you have any suggestions, feel free to comment them down. But no flames, please :)

"No. That does not suit your eyes." Magnus grumbled, looking unimpressed. Alec snorted. This was the fifth shirt he tried on. They aren't even beginning to look for the tux. He does not see the need to dress up. It's just a birthday party. It's not as if there is some sort of best-dress award on the event. But if it did, then Isabelle and Magnus could get a tie.

"C'mon."Magnus lazily said. "Take those off." He turned his head to the sales clerks around them. "Could I have another uh.." He then stared at Alec's frame for reference before continuing. "...another small of the same brand. Just a slightly darker shade than this one."

Alec mentally grumbled. They're not even done shopping for formal shirts! Alec suddenly wondered where Clary took the two Herondales with her. Alec hoped Jace would get this same shopping treatment from Isabelle.

"Take that off now, dear." Magnus chimed. Alec sighed. "This looks fine." He complained. "I don't see the need for this."

"Fine does not always mean right." Magnus countered. "And I'm buying you this stuff so you'd look your best on the party night."

"I look fine."

"I can agree with that." Magnus mused. "Though I'd love to see you look on your best. Now take those off."

"I'm really fine with this."

Magnus' cat eyes gleamed. "I'd take those off you myself right in here."

Alec gaped at Magnus, feeling really embarrassed. He's suspecting that he could be mistaken as a tomato right now. "Alright. Chill, K?" Alec said nervously. "I'm going to the fitting room, take this off, and wait for me here, okay?"

Magnus grinned in satisfaction.

Alec rolled his eyes and headed for a booth.

"My god." Isabelle whined. "Wrong shade of yellow."

"Iz, what the hell are you talking about?" Jace complained.

A middle-aged sales clerk passed right through them. Isabelle said a few words to the lady, even gestured on Jace's formal shirt, which annoyed him more, then dismissed her. Isabelle is feeling frustrated to herself. "Golden boys are really hard to dress." she muttered.

Jace sneered at her. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"That shade of yellow does not suit your hair and eyes." Isabelle explained.

Jace made a noise between a gasp and a laugh. "Look, Iz. I appreciate the efforts. Really." he said, "But a Greek God does not need to dress well. I'll look fine in sack cloths." he mused.

"Just take the goddamn thing off." Isabelle fumed. She found it a lot more easier to dress Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs. All they do now is watching her and Jace argue about formal shirts and said something to each other.

"Whoa. Chill, okay?" Isabelle chose to ignore the sarcasm in Jace's voice.

The sales clerk whom she asked to bring another two shades of yellow went back. She handled her the two formal shirts. Isabelle thanked her. Inside, she hoped any of this two would finally suit Jace well to her tastes.

As time passes by, Isabelle gets more bored. How long is the line on the cashier? Tessa and Clary should be back any minute now. Jace is currently trying on the second shirt she brought. He looked worse to her on the first one. The shade is brighter than his color. Again, Jace insisted je looks fine but to her he looks...disastrous does not even cover it. Oh. And where the hell is Magnus and Alec?