Chapter 1

Edited:
"Hey, Wake up!" I shouted at my brother.

We were going to be late but he still isn't moving.

"Yeah, yeah! Couldn't just wait for 5 more minutes." he mumbled.

I just glared at him while he was rubbing the sleep off of his eyes.

I am Chariza Subarashi, Cha for short. I am 15 years old and a Junior at Stardom. I have shoulder-length wavy hair and I wear glasses. I live with my Kuya Austin, Mother, and Stepfather.

"Austin, Make it fast! Your food is getting cold!" Our 'mother' shouted from the kitchen.

"Ma, just wait! I'm putting on my pants" He shouted back, panicked. He was looking for his stuff because he didn't prepare it yesterday.

"Where the hell is my ballpen?" He irritatingly asked me whilst searching at his drawers.

"That's what you get for staying up late! Get your priorities straight!" I threw his ready-made bag, that I fixed in the previous night, at his annoyed face.

"Hey!" He shouted.

"Hey back!"

We went downstairs afterwards to smell the most annoying scent in the world-fish.

"Hey, I'll just wait in your car! I think mom doesn't want me to eat." He nodded and gave me his recess.

Even though we keep on arguing, we care for each other. We're all we got.

"Ready?" He asked as he hopped in the driver's seat.

"Yeah, just waiting on you." So we went to school without talking to each other. It was a sensitive topic to both of us to talk about our family so we avoided it as much as possible.

***

"Best!" My Best Friend since 5th grade called out to me, Belladine Nichole Sydney. Bella for short, is younger by a year. She is a sophomore and 14. She's kinda small-I love you Bella!- with shoulder length curly hair with manang glasses. She is a perfect example for a nerd.

"Best, did you know?" She suddenly turned to me and asked.

" know what?" I asked back.

"That you're so mean? You didn't call or text me during our break!" She complained.

"Eh? Haven't I told you? We went to Japan! Just thank me that I got you a souvenir!" I rolled my eyes. I threw her paperbag that was filled with manga.

"Like what I said, Thanks Best!!" She replied while hugging me. The bell rang and most of the students scrambled to go their classes.

"Let's go, I don't want to be late!" she said while releasing me. We had the same building but we had different classrooms. I'm one floor above her and she's on the floor below mine.

***

I looked for a vacant seat at the back next to a window. I settled in and fumbled with my phone.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" A boy approached me and pointed to the seat next to mine.

"No" I answered simply, then ignored him for the rest of the time being. Thankfully, the teacher entered and started talking.

"Hello class! I am Ms. Senbi, your adviser." Our teacher introduced. "As I call your name, please raise your right hand." We only had attendance and introductions.

The boy who asked me a while ago, he was a new student from the enemy school of Stardom, Coastline Academy.

"Ms. Subarashi?" I raised my hand when my name was called