Chapter 18

Edited:
But I was attacked!

Attacked from behind, by the girl I fell in love with.

I was attacked by a bear hug...

Why did I get so worked up on a bear hug? My heart was beating so fast.

I turned my head and saw her head nooding in my back. I took her hands away from my body and held it until we reached the door. I held both her hands in my left and opened the door with my right.

We were walking in a hallway when a gigantic door was opened. I panicked and quickly ran to where we came from but fell because Chariza wasn't moving.

"Cha! Come one! We're going to get caught!" I whispered-shouted to her. But I was a little late.

A woman in the mid-30's screamed at us until severeal people aurrounded us.

That's twice you got caught, my subconscious spat out.

I scrambled towards Chariza and hid her in my back.

What are you doing to our baby?

Unhand her, you fiend!

Why isn't Cha fighting back?

Was she drugged? Paralyzed?

What did you do to her?

Stay back!

There were so many people talking. But I can only hear her steady heartbeats.

I looked at her and then at them. They looked surprised that she was tip-toeing to reach my ear.

"Don't worry, they won't kill you if I'm here." she said "And besides, they're not bad people! They're the government remember?"

I was still confused. I didn't know what else to do.

Just surrender? Not an option

Turn yourself in? It's not prison

Have a tea party? Now that's just ridiculous

I heard Chariza laugh so I looked at her as she removed my grip. She clung to my left arm and gave me just-roll-with-it look.

"Auntie! Remember the boy I was talking about?" she said to the people wearing suits.

"You mean the one you beaten up twice and humiliated at school?" the woman in a long white dress in the mid-30's said as her forehead creased.

"Ahm, yeah! That one!" she said as she slowly smiled.

Now that I think about it, the one you beaten up twice and humiliated at school?

"Hey!" I said, looking offended. She hasn't said anything and I knew why, she was now pinching my arm very tightly and it hurt like hell.

"Anyways, this is him!" she said excitingly.

Oh, is he?

I thought he'd be a lot..handsome-r and cute-r

Yeah, but we can't have everything we want in this world..

I imagined him, taller...

The woman looked at me from head to toe then faced Cha.

"Are you sure this is him?" she said looking disgusted. "'Cause when you described him, it seems you were head over heels for him and this, this guy doesn't look close to what you described him as.. perfect"