The talk

After the talk, each person is assigned a date for the dance.

When they call my name, I quickly walk to the front after squeezing Taemin's hands. She seems really nervous.

"Kim Jonghyun." The teacher calls out and a handsome guy steps up and walks towards me.

He smiles confidently at me and we shake hands and move aside to join the line of already paired students

"Hey! I am Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you!" He says in a absolutely mesmerising voice.

"Hey! L/N Y/N. Nice to meet you too." I can't help but return his adorable smile.

While I was talking to Jonghyun, Taemin's name was called and she just walked up behind me.

"Hey, Taemin!" I say, happily. She tries to cover her face but fails miserably.

"Taemin? Lee Taemin?" Jonghyun suddenly looks at her with a questioning look.

"She looks exactly like him and has the same name. I am telling you, Jonghyun, this is Taemin." Taemin's assigned date says.

"Yes

"Yes. Key, she looks exactly like him." Jonghyun replies to her date.

He turns to the guys in front of us and calls him. "Minho! Onew!"

 "Minho! Onew!"

They turn around and stare at Taemin

They turn around and stare at Taemin. I slowly move back towards her and hold her hand.

"What are you guys talking about?" I ask them and look at Taemin. Taemin just looks really stressed out.

Suddenly, the bell rings and the teacher says that we have a break.

The other four boys grab Taemin by her hand and grab her away. I quickly turn to two of my classmates.

"Tess, Joanne, can you please cover for Taemin and me? She is a little sick." I tell my classmates. They agree and I run after the five students.

I run fast and reach them as they go to an empty corridor. I quickly grab Taemin's hand and make all of them stop. "What is happening?" I ask between my panting.

"Who is she?" The guy called Onew asks Taemin.

"She is my girlfriend." She replies, looking at the floor.

Did Taemin just call me her girlfriend?

"Does she know?" Minho asks. "About ... whatever is happening?" 

Taemin shakes her head and looks at me. She looks really nervous and stressed out.

"And she still likes you? Woah, she is a keeper." Jonghyun comments. "We need to talk to her for sometime, Ok? We won't hurt her. You can go back."

"No. I am not letting her be alone with you. Taemin?" I grab her hand.

"Let her come. I should have told her long ago." Taemin replies and the other four give each other a look before they lead us towards an unknown destination.

To be honest, I am terrified. These guys seem nice but I learned the hard way that you can't trust everyone.

We walk through a wooden door and I enter last. As soon as enter, I turn around and shriek.

I feel Taemin's soft hands on my mouth, preventing me from screaming. "Shhh." She whispers.

Onew shouts at everyone in the room. "Everyone out. We need the place."

One by one, a dozen boys go pass me and exit the room after giving us a confused look.

Taemin turns me around and slowly removes her hand. "Why the heck did you choose the boys washroom to 'talk'?" I whisper shout at them.

"This is the only place where we can safely have this conversation." Minho says as if it is obvious.

"Why would you drag two girls into the guys washroom? And why are you so calm about being in one, Taemin?" I ask the people around me.

The guys bust into an uncontrollable laughter. They laugh for a good two minutes as I look at Taemin.

"What is happening? Can you explain?" I ask her.

"Yes. Taemin, you have a lot of explaining to do." Key says as the boys stop laughing slowly.

Taemin nods. "Y/N, I .... I don't know how to tell you this but ....... I .... Uhm. I am not who you think I am." She says as she walks towards me.

She keeps her hands on my shoulders. "I am Lee Taemin, Mina's older brother." She, no now I know, he says.

I look at him with a shocked expression. "I knew it. There was something so off about you." I say as I run my hands through my hair.

"I just couldn't place my finger on it." I say as I back away from them. "Why? Taemin, why?"

"It must have been fun to play the character, right? Everything between us, was it just part of the character too?" I ask him as my eyes fill up with tears.

I don't know how to react to this. I knew there was something he was hiding.

Was he just using me too? Was I just someone for him to play with? For him to toy with? Was any of it real?