Chapter 2- Meeting the Losers Club

The sun rose in the morning and that only meant one thing: School and school meant Henry Bowers. I tried to keep my head down and I thought I'd succeeded up until the end of school when his gang cornered me in the hallway. "Hello Squirt." Henry said surprisingly calmly, "I'm gonna give you an option, you can either join my gang or you can die?" He continued "So which one will it be?" He asked. My eyes flicked to the door and I began to stall while slipping round the side of him and his followers, "Ah, a very intriguing offer but..." I said and made it to a clear stretch between me and the door. "Frankly I'd rather die than be part of your gang Henry!" I yelled before making a dash for the door, Henry roared and chased me down the corridor. I flung the doors open and burst into the air, there was no one left in the yard now only the call of the wind and I dashed through the emptiness. Now I was sprinting towards the library, Henry was slowly gaining on me but I didn't dare to look back, only forward. "Y/N get back here!" Henry yelled and I felt his hand brush my arm as he tried to grab me, there was no where left to go but down. I barrelled through a fence and Henry stopped at the top of the hill, my feet slipped out from under me and I slid down the hill. A smile crept onto my face as I saw Henry's red face disappear at the top of the hill, his face red and sweaty from running. I fell for what felt like an eternity before abruptly hitting a tree and coming to a stop, I wasn't aware of the boy who was running through the trees. "Bloody hell! What happened to you?" He shriek as he caught a glimpse of me, "Ummm, it's a long story." I said rubbing my sore head. He took a puff of an aspirator before offering me a hand to help me get up, I let him pull me to my feet and then smiled at him. The sight made him take another breath from his aspirator and I tried to break the awkward silence "Excuse me where exactly am I?" I asked and he took a deep breath before responding "Your in the barrens." He said hastily. "I should take you to Bill." He said nervously and beckoned for me to follow him. We walked through the trees and then across a small bridge made out of a rotten plank of wood, the boy called Bills name until there was a response "God E...E...Eddie qu...it your y...yap...in" Bill yelled and then he poked his head from round a tree. His brown eyes reflecting the sun again, "What the-" he managed before Eddie cut him off "Its a long story apparently..." he said. "H...H...Henry." He responded with a stern look on his face, "I'll go get the others." Eddie whispered before running off. "Ar...ar...are you h...hurt?" He asked and he sounded genuinely concerned, "Nah, I'm fine." I replied and he looked shocked at this comment "Your t...t...trash...trash...shed!" He exclaimed and I nodded. "Well, that explains the looks from you and Eddie." I laughed and suddenly the atmosphere grew very awkward.

A voice rose across the tops of the trees and I turned in its direction, two new boys exited the trees. One had murky curly hair and he looked very well kept while the other wore crooked glasses with some white tape holding them together, "Well, well, Well, whadda we 'ave 'ere?" The boy with glasses asked in a terrible Scottish accent. The curly haired boy looked at him confused and simply responded with "Richie, Eddie just told us that a girl turned up out of nowhere be that she looks like someone attacked her..." he rolled his eyes and pushed Richie out of the way. He outstretched his hand and the comment "I'm Stanley Uris but you can call me Stan." Accompanied it, before I could take his hand to shake it Richie pushed in front and said in another terrible accent "Richie Tozier M'lady." He said in an atrocious British accent. I laughed at him and Stan tripping over each other to introduce themselves and then the first boy stepped around them, "I'm sorry but I don't believe that I've introduced myself yet, I'm Eddie. Eddie Kaspbrak." He said kindly with a smile that was pearly white. His brown eyes twinkled like Bill's and through out the whole thing his hair had stayed exactly in place, "I'm Y/N and it's a pleasure to meet you guys." I said adding a smile like Eddies. "So what happened to you?" Stan asked and I shook my head "Well, Henry wants to kill me and the only way to escape was...down." I responded. "Wow! I can't believe your alive!" Eddie exclaimed and I turned to look at him before I continued my story, "Long story short, Henry's gonna kill me." I finished and Bill stepped forward "W...well we won...won...won't l...let hi..hi...him hurt y...you." He said confidently. Stan's eyes widened "We are?" He asked unsure, "We are." Eddie confirmed. I smiled at the four of them and said "Thanks." There was a few minutes of comfortable silence and then Bill spoke, "Well, f...from no...now on Y/N I...i...is a p...par...part of th...th...the l...lose...losers cl...c...club." He said and everyone gasped except for Bill and Eddie. "What! It took me months to join this club!" Richie yelled and Bill turned on him with a scowl. "Ok, geez, ok big Bill. If you say the lady's in then the lady's in." Richie exclaimed and then turned to me "Congratulations Old chap." He said and I caught a glimpse of Bills watch. "Is that really the time! I have to go sorry." I muttered and then I ran off through the Barrens.