Chapter 23- The blood oath

September
"I can only remember parts but I thought it was dead..." Beverly said and I nodded in agreement as we all watched her speak, we sat amongst the grass in a semi-circle. I was sat between Eddie and Mike, my fingers laced with Eddies. "Well, at least that's what it felt like...I saw us...all of us together back in the cistern...but we we're older...like our parents ages..." Eddie looked down towards the ground and Bill inched forwards in his seat "What were we all doing there?" He asked and Beverly shook her head, her face scrunched up and then fell slack again "I just remember how we felt...I was scared and worried...I don't think I can ever forget that." She said and looked into the distance as if she was in a far away place inside her head. Bill stood up from his seat and grabbed a bit of a broken coca cola bottle off of the floor, "S...s...swear...if it isn't...dead...if it ever comes back...we'll come back too..." he said and there was silence around the circle. I felt a strong urge to agree with him and so I stood up slowly out of my seat, letting go of Eddies hand. Bev stood up next and then as if it had already been decided everyone else stood up. Bill cut his hand first and then moved on to Richie who muttered swear words under his breath as the glass cut through his skin, then Eddie who's alarm went off as his hand was cut. Me next, I could feel my heart beating in my chest and then Bill's hand cupped mine, a sharp but bearable pain shot through my hand and I grimaced but didn't shout out. Mike was next and as Bill made his way round Stan, Ben and finally Beverly I cupped my hand up so that the blood wouldn't spill over the edge. Once everyone had blood dripping from their hands we went back round the circle grabbing each other's hands in a blood oath that if it ever came back then we would come back too. I don't remember exactly how long we stood there for but I know it was for a long time, "I gotta go." Stan said sharply and broke the silence. "I hate you." He said looking at Bill and then a smile broke out on his face and we all started laughing, "Well see you later." He said before turning and leaving. I watched as he made his way across the barrens and disappeared into the bush on the other side. "Bye Stan." Bill called and Stan turned around to smile, he looked happier now that all this is over, now that It's dead. Eddie was next to leave and he hugged Richie before he left, their friendship was stronger than anyone else's in the group and as he walked away I waved "Bye Eddie." I said and Richie looked at me with a smile on his face. "So you and Eddie.." he said and I laughed "Shut up trashmouth." I responded and shoved him playfully, Mike went next "See you later losers." He called as he walked off through the shrubs. Richie got half way across the deforming circle before turning round "See you around Bill." He said and with that he started leaving again "Bye Richie." Bill said and I waved which didn't receive a wave back but a flash of his middle finger. "See you guys." He shouted before ducking into the bushes. That left Me, Ben, Bev and Bill. Ben came round to my side and patted Bev on the shoulder, "See you guys." He said before trampling off into the path back to the road. I felt awkward now that I was the only one left with Bev and Bill so I made and excuse and ran off, "Yeah I gotta go my mum wants to go to the shops and if I'm not back in time she'll kill me." I said, "Bye Bev, Bye Bill." I finished and they both nodded. I pushed branches of trees out of my way as I climbed out onto the road and turned back one last time to look at the barrens, the sun was glinting off of the small stream and the long grass blew about gently in the wind. I had a feeling that I wouldn't come back here for a long time, or perhaps never. "Goodbye Barrens, I'll never forget you..." I muttered and then climbed onto my bike. I didn't know at the time but I would not see Bev again that year or even in the years to come because that summer she moved to Alaska to stay with her aunt as her dad had died from a head injury in his apartment, lucky escape really. I let the rhythm of the wheels carry my feet round and instead of driving home the quick way I took the long way home. I passed Mikes farm where he worked with his grandparents and I saw the Bowers farm but of course no Henry  because he hadn't survived his unfortunate fall down the well. I passed the synagogue where Stanley Uris had been changed from a boy to a man and I passed Bevs old apartment block with its run down shutters and broken windows. I saw the water trickling gently into the storm drain and thought of Bill's brother Georgie and how we had comforted Bill when he found George's slicker. I passed the Tosier's house where Richie would be playing rock n roll music at the top volume and I passed the little arcade where he would take me to play video games when no one else could go. I watched the library fly by and thought of the first time that I'd met Ben, when he gave me the book that I was looking for without hesitation. I rode past Eddies house where he had threw away his medication and stormed out of his mothers control. I passed Stan's house and saw him eating with his family through the window and then I pulled onto Neibolt street. I saw number 29 where I had fought Pennywise with Eddie for the first time and again with the Losers club for the last time. I pulled onto my drive with a smile and walked into my house, I knew I wouldn't see the Losers club again for a while at least we wouldn't all be there and we never would be but we would reform again one day. One day in the future...