Chapter 20- Saving Stan

"Guys? Where's Stan?" Eddie said and I turned round to see him looking down the pipe at nothing, that was where Stan once stood but now he was no where to be seen. "Stanley?" Richie called but there was no reply, "Stan?" I shouted and again there was no reply. I turned around and looked at Bill who was helping Mike off of the rope; my eyes changed to Eddie and I nodded before running off down the tunnel "Y/N!" Eddie yelled but I didn't go back. I just kept going forward. I stopped when I came to a cross road and the others ran up behind, "Never do that again!" Eddie said looking flustered and I nodded. Bill pushed in front and went towards a big steel door, he beckoned for someone to help him open it and we all ran to help him. The door was heavy but with all 6 of us the weight shifted easily, once we were inside Bill shone his flashlight around the room in search of Stan. Something caught my eye from the right hand side and I dashed towards it, my hand wrapped around Stan's metal flashlight and that's when a large shadow caught my eye. In front of me there was a large pile of black cloth, I brought the flashlight up to look at it and saw Stan. A large twisted woman held him down, blood dripped from around her mouth as she was eating his face. I screamed and dashed towards him with the others in tow which made the thing look up from what she was doing, her teeth let go of Stan's face and she slunk back into the darkness and then away into a pipe. Stanley took a gasp of air and everyone ran towards him to help, we helped him to sit up and then he began to scramble backwards away from us. "You left me! You left me! Your not my real friends! You left me!" He sobbed and it broke my heart, tears poured from his eyes and he kept repeating the same words. "We didn't leave you Stan. You disappeared. We didn't leave you. I promise." I said and pulled him into a hug. After all he was my best friend in the world and seeing him upset made me upset too, I looked up and saw the face of It come back around the side of the pipe. My whole body began to tremble and I screamed before letting go of Stan and moving backwards, as quick as it had arrived It went away again. I turned round and looked behind me but Bill was gone, "Bill!" Eddie yelled and I noticed that he too was looking for Bill. I rushed forward and helped Stan up and then we ran down the sewer after Bill.

We followed Bills shadow down the corridor until it disappeared and then we followed his voice, the word 'Beverly' echoed off of the walls as Bill said it and that's what we followed. We came to a long corridor and as he was walking Eddie tripped into the water, "Hey get out of there dude it's grey water!" Stan shouted and Eddie scrambled about, desperately trying to get up. Water splashed everywhere and I pushed forward to help him until his eyes came to rest on something and then he screamed. When I saw what it was I joined him in screaming, the room erupted into screams of "We've gotta go!" And "We need to get out of here!" Which was followed by everyone holding hands and dragging each other through the heads of missing children. I held my breath as I walked through and the same putrid stench that hung about in the air whenever It was near filled my nostrils. Mike pushed past us all and led the rest of us into a large room that featured a huge pile of junk which climbed high into the sky, I followed everyone else into the room and my eyes set on Bev. "Hey guys! Look it's Beverly!" I shouted and my feet carried me towards her, she wasn't stood up or sat down though, she wasn't even lay down but floating. Floating in mid-air with big hazy eyes that flowed yellow, she seemed to be looking upwards at the pile and my eyes followed her gaze as the others began to work on getting her down. "Um guys. Their all here. Floating." I said in shock and Eddie turned round to see what I meant, all the missing children of Derry were floating around the trash heap. They had the same dazed, glowing eyes but they were more out of reach that Bev was. Their was a loud groan and I turned round to see Ben heaving Bev down while standing on Mikes shoulders, I watched as she gently floated to a standing position and I waited in hope that she might snap out of it. Ben supported her head with his hand and spoke to her "Bev?" He asked and he didn't get a reply just a blank stare, "Bev? Please?" He said and I watched as he got worked up and tears began to spill from his eyes. "Please Bev." He said and in one single moment he brought his face up to hers and kissed her. "Ewww." Richie said and looked away; Ben pulled himself away from Beverly and waited hopefully. After a few seconds she gasped and the glow faded from her eyes, "January embers." She whispered and Ben smiled before finishing her sentence "My heart burns there too." He said. But he was interrupted by Richie who pulled them both into a hug. Bev was still a little dazed but at least she wasn't floating now, I looked over at Eddie and smiled which he returned immediately. "Huh hum we need to go..." I said and Ben nodded before dragging Bev along with him, we ran round a corner and found Bill. He was face to face with his worst nightmare and his best dream at the same time, he was faced to face with....