Chapter 11- The well house 1

There was a cream behind me and I swung round to see a pair of yellow eyes looking deep into mine, I felt Eddie pull my hand back but I was moving forwards. Towards the creature rather than away, it was a clown. He had a twisted smile that somehow pulled me closer to him and as I struggled to get free from his grasp tears formed in my eyes. I didn't want to die, not like the others. I didn't want to die in the Well house and I was determined not to. My shoes began to skid across the floor as I tried to walk backwards, the clown was getting closer and closer by the second and I could almost see my time slipping away. I looked down at the floor and as if by magic Henry's knife was there, the one that had fallen into the drains and then re-appeared in the balloon. The only problem was that I needed my hand back from Eddie and that was going to be a task in itself. I could only do one thing and that was to take my arm back, I yanked my arm out of Eddie's grasp and darted for the knife. I was a millimetre away before a large hand grabbed my ankle and begun dragging me backwards, now the fight was just beginning and I thrashed about trying to get my leg back. Screams escaped my mouth constantly and the tears kept on coming like a broken dam, I saw a hand wrap round the knife and then a deafening scream echoed around the room. The hand disappeared from my leg and I crawled forwards away from the monster to find blood puttering out of its arm and a horrifying look on its face. Eddie grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to my feet, without any hesitation he dragged me towards the door as I watched the clown shrink back into hiding. Once he had vanished from view I turned back round to help Eddie, this time the door handle was warm as though something hand been heating it up and it took a few big pulls of the handle to make it fly open. We both sprinted out into the air and into the front garden, Eddie turned back to look at number 29 and began to speak "I don't ever want to-" he said and I cut off his sentence by pulling him into a hug. I didn't care what the losers club said afterwards; I was scared and I needed someone to comfort me. He held me tightly while I cried into his shoulder and eventually we broke apart, I wiped away the tears from my face and looked at him with big vulnerable eyes. "Why did you let me go back in there?" I said and he shrugged before starting the walk back home, "You wanted to go and I'm glad you didn't go alone." He responded simply. I nodded and walked by his side, there were no tear marks on his face and he looked completely unfazed by what had happened. "How are you so calm?" I asked feeling a little better now but still shaken, "I don't know, I guess I do better in stressful situations." He said with a shrug and I nodded once again. "We can't tell Bill and the others can we?" I questioned and Eddie shook his head "We can't worry Bill anymore than he's already worried..." he said and I nodded for the third time. I reached my house and said goodbye to Eddie, once I got home my mother flew from her seat in the lounge "Oh god what happened to you? Did you see the murderer?" She shouted during her frenzy. "I'm fine mom..." I replied and her face turned as red as a tomato. "Where have you been you silly girl! Do you not understand how worried I've been! I almost phoned the police child!" She screamed at me and I flinched as she slapped my face. I let a tear fall down my red cheek and I nodded politely as I made my way towards the stairs, she stumbled back into the living room to continue her sewing and as I climbed the stairs I could hear her coughing.

I opened the door to my room and walked towards my full-sized mirror on the wall, a red mark plastered my cheek. I lightly ran my fingers across it and flinched under the pain. After that I climbed into bed and stared at the ceiling until slumber could no longer be held at bay. I woke up to darkness and the silhouette of a clown could be seen against my curtains, I held my breath and jumped out of bed to the light switch. As soon as there was light I could see that there was no clown; just my eyes playing a trick on me. I put on some denim shorts and a white t-shirt. My feet treaded lightly down the stairs so as not to disturb any sleeping family. I grabbed my bag and left the house, the losers club were waiting at the corner of the street and I had to pass 29 alone. My whole body quakes in my shoes and I looked straight ahead, into the distance where tiny splotches of ink were clustered together. As I approached the others the splotches turned to silhouettes and then from silhouettes to people, they all smiled when they saw me except Eddie who looked away. I put on a fake smile and hid my fear, I was afraid, very afraid. Stan could see straight through me and as we walked he walked beside me. "You ok?" He asked and I nodded unemotionally, "ok, I know your not so what's wrong?" He asked and I shook my head "It's complicated, I'll tell you later." I said and we continued on our way.