Chapter 18- Splitting up

"You! You did this! You know how delicate he is!" Mr's Kaspbrak yelled at us as she led Eddie round to the passengers side of the car, "W....we were a..at...attacked Mrs K....." Bill tried to explain as she undid the door and pushed Eddie inside. "No! Don't! Don't try to blame anyone else." She hissed back in his face and I moved forward from the back of the group to help but right before I could reach Bill Stan grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Mrs K, I s....s...s..." Bill stuttered and she whirled round and pointed a chubby finger at us "No. you are all monsters!" She screeched as she slammed the car door on Eddie. "All of you. And Eddie is done with you! Do you hear done!" She yelled and I tried to push forwards again but Stan dragged me back for the second time. I looked at him with tears in my eyes and he shook his head at me, "I have to..." I mouthed back before the floods of tears came rushing down my cheeks. Stan pulled me back towards him and hugged me, he could feel the same pain as me and I knew it. I heard the sound of keys jingle and turned round to see Mrs Kaspbrak reaching down at the same time as Bev for the keys to the car that she had dropped in her fury. She snatched the keys from under Bevs nose and muttered in her face "Oh I've heard of you Miss Marsh and I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son." Before she hauled her bag back onto her shoulder. I felt anger welling up inside of me, reaching the boiling part and now was my perfect chance because Stan had let go of my arm. Mrs K marched round to the drivers side of the car and before she could get in I moved to the front of the pack "It's not true...what you said about Bev!" I yelled and Stan tried to pull me back but I turned around "No Stan I won't let her speak about you guys like that!" I said and turned back around to face her. "You can't keep us away, you couldn't if you tried. Each time you knock us down we will get back up again. Every single time..." I hissed at her and she scowled at me "Don't get cocky girl. I bet your just as bad as her. Filthy." She muttered before climbing into the car and starting the engine. I put my hand on the window of Eddies side and I saw a few stray tears roll down his cheeks, Mrs K drove off and my anger returned at the comment she made. If she had been a tiny bit faster then she might have avoided a hefty mechanics bill but she wasn't faster and as she drove off I managed to kick a large dent in the bumper to show my fury.

Afterwards Bill turned to face us, "I saw the well." He said and I took a deep breath to stop my tears. "I know where it is, a...and next time it w...will be better." Bill said and that flung Richie off of the rails. "Eddie was nearly killed and look at this guy, he's leaking hamburger helper!" Richie exclaimed while gesturing towards Ben, Beverly stepped forward and said "we can't pretend it's gonna go away, Ben you said it yourself, it comes back every 27 years!" I rubbed my head to try and get rid of the headache that had just developed but it wouldn't leave. "There's no next time Bill! Your insane!" Stan yelled which made me grab my head even more, "Why? We all know no one else is gonna do anything." Beverly responded and a few tears came out of my eyes. I hated the arguing and most of all I hated the head ache that grew with each mean word, "excuse me but who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie asked. Beverly stuck up her middle finger at him in protest, "Richie!" Stan whispered in an annoyed tone and he gestured to Beverly "I'm just saying let's face facts, this is the real world." Richie said. Ben cut in at this point "It's fine. I'll be 40 and far away from here. I thought you said you wanted to get out of this town to?" Ben said questioningly towards Beverly, she frowned at him and said "Because I want to run towards something not away..." I clutched my head and fell to my knees. It was as if that thing had gotten into my head somehow and then all the pin was gone and there was nothing except for a singular voice that was small and quiet, "Divide...divide..." I repeated over and over and I turned to face the group. "Georgie is dead! Stop trying to get us killed too." Richie shouted as he charged towards Bill, Bill's hand came up and closed around Richie's cheeks "Georgie's not d...dead!" He shouted back and Richie began to dig himself further into his hole again "You couldn't save him but you can still save yourself..." Richie said trying to push past Bill. "No! You take that b...back!" Bill shouted with tears in his eyes, he squared off with Richie and they stood centimetres apart with clenched fists. "No! Your scared! We all are but take that back!" Bill yelled, everything happened in a whirl wind. Richie shoved Bill and that led to Bill punching Richie and that led to them fighting on the floor. "Bill!" Beverly yelled as he stood back up and moved away, "your just a bunch of losers, bog off!" Richie yelled and Stan helped Mike to restrain Richie while Ben grabbed Bill. "Richie!" Stan said in an angry tone but that didn't stop him he still pushed forwards towards Bill with his arms flailing around. "Your just a bunch of losers and you'll get yourself killed trying to catch Bill!" Richie screamed as they batted at each other with their hands, "Stop!" Beverly yelled and everyone turned to look at her. "This is what it wants! It wants to divide us! We were all together when we heard it! That's why we're still alive!" Beverly said, looking around the group with her hazel coloured eyes. "Yeah. Well, I plan to keep it that way!" Richie said walking towards his bike, Stan and Mile let go of his arms and Richie stormed straight past Bill colliding with his shoulder as he went. Stan followed Richie and they grabbed their bikes, after a second Ben joined them and finally Mike "Mike?" Beverly called after him and he turned around with his arms open wide "I can't do this! My grandad was right. I'm an outsider. And I gotta stay that way." He said with a trembling voice before walking over to his bike and riding off. There was just me, Bill and Bev left after that and I grabbed my bike and followed the others away from the well house. I didn't know where I was going. I just knew that I was going away from them, away from the Losers club, away from It. The voice in my head stopped and I realised that it had won, it had gotten what it wanted and in no time at all it would get all of us too.