Chapter 21- The final part 1

George stood face to face with Bill. "What took you so long? I couldn't find my way out of here..." Georgie said in a meek voice, tears bordered Bill's eyes and his flash light shook with his trembling body, "he said I could have my boat back billy..." George continued and he walked closer to Bill with the paper boat clutched tightly in his palm. One of his arms was missing and the edge of his jumper where it would usually be was soaked in blood, Bill began to cry as he took deep breaths. There was silence. "Was she fast?" Bill asked and Georgie nodded, he looked down towards the boat and then back up to Bill, their eyes met and Georgie spoke in his innocent, scared voice "I couldn't keep up with it..." Bill seemed to have stopped crying now "She Georgie, you call boat she." Bill responded and the tears started rolling down his face now. He never lost eye contact with George even through his tears. "I wanna go home!" Georgie cried and tears spilled from his eyes. "I want more than anything for you to be home..." Bill cried, "with mom...and dad...I want that more than anything..." he continued. Bills hand raised the bolt gun to Georgie's forehead and a small whimper escaped George's mouth, "but your not Georgie!" Bill said in a sudden flurry of anger. Bills finger tightened on the trigger and the bolt gun sounded around the room, echoing off of the walls and ricocheting around the sewers tiny tunnels. Georgie's body fell backwards into the sludge, it convulsed rapidly on the floor, a deep red whole leaking sticky blood across his forehead. After a moment of silence the corpses mouth opened and Pennywise's high pitched scream fled the boys dead body, he began to convulse even faster than before and his arms and legs flailed around in a frenzy. Red Pom-poms sprouted from the end of his wellys, a new arm grew from the bloody hole, his yellow slicker morphed into pennywise's faded suit. Finally George's skin on his face wobbled like jelly and when it had finished it was no longer Georgie but the clown that had been haunting them for weeks: Pennywise. "Kill It!" Bev screamed, which was followed by a yell from each of the losers club except me. My gaze was fixed in the gun that Bill held firmly in his hand; he was still pointing it at the clown from shooting Georgie and I realised that it had to be reloaded. I turned my gaze to Mike and he looked back at me, I could tell that he was thinking the same thing. "It's not loaded..." he whispered and bill readied himself with the gun pressed against the snarling clowns forehead, "Its not loaded!" He screamed as Bill pulled the trigger. The clink of the moving gun sounded and then the clown flew backwards, still on its feet it begun to shake from side the side. It's head went up to look at the ceiling and it made a horrible sound like the sound of a dog with rabies. Still in a frenzy it ran at Bill, "Watch out!" Richie screamed and Bill held the gun up in front of his face to protect himself. Its sharp teeth sun into the metal and it hit Bill with such force that he fell over onto the floor. Bev tried to hit it first with her spear but it threw that away and she stumbled back. I saw Mike grab one of the spears that we had created, the sharp piece of the fence that had been torn down, he ran at Pennywise with it held high above his head. Instead of causing damage to the clown Mike caused damage to himself because as soon as the metal collided with It his hand was there to catch it. With a swipe of his hand Pennywise sent mike flying across the room, he hit the wall with a crash and then fell to the floor. Bill grabbed his own pole and jumped onto Pennywise's back, he hooked the metal stick underneath the clowns jaw, cutting off his air way. The clown whirled round frantically desperately trying to get Bill off, he clawed at him and scratched his arms but Bill held his grip, dangling from It's head. I was there now with another homemade spear, I dived for him with it between my hands but he caught it and flung me into the pile of junk. Things fell down onto me like a miniature avalanche and from inside the rotting pile I could see Stan attaching It, he made a valiant effort but the clown still managed to throw him off too. I picked up a rag doll that had blood splattered down the front in an effort to escape and threw it away in horror when I realised that it had once been Betty Ripsom's. I was slowly digging my way out but it wasn't fast enough and then Eddie came into view, his hands were digging through the junk and finally he reached me and helped pull me out. I watched as Richie jumped onto the back of Pennywise as well to help Bill and Ben bit the clowns arm, Richie was shook off along with Ben and then there was only Bill. It ducked and Bill flew over his shoulders and onto the floor, like lightning Pennywise was upon him and dragging Bill closer to himself. Everyone fell back and Richie assumed the position of the leader, leading fearlessly in front. I was stood in between Stan and Eddie. The clown stood upright and revealed that he had Bill, his arm was wrapped around his neck and Bill struggled desperately to get free. "Let him go!" Bev shouted and It shook his head in protest, a frown had crept onto his face and he seemed vulnerable, "No...I'll take him...I'll take all of you...I'll feed on you flesh as I feed on your fears!" He giggled to himself as a hideous smile spread from cheek to cheek. He raised a finger, "But if you'll just leave us be...I'll take him, only him and you will have eternal rest and you will all live to grow and thrive and live happy lives until old age digs you back to the weeds." Pennywise finished. There was silence between us all as we considered this, Bill had stopped struggling now and he chocked the word "Leave...I'm the one who dragged you all into this I'm s...s...s...s...s...so sorry!" Bill said with tears in his eyes and I understood why he wanted to sacrifice himself. He was the leader and leaders are fearless and brave but they also protect their own and that was exactly what Bill was doing. "S...s...sorry." Pennywise mocked and Bill opened his mouth "Go!" He yelled and Bev turned to the others. She looked torn and I could see the same level of it on other people's faces too, "We can't." She said as if it was a question and I looked back at Bill who was pleading with his eyes. "Sorry..." I heard Stan mutter and Richie began to stand up from falling over when It threw him off. He moved forward and readied himself to speak...