Chapter 19- Alone together

A month later
I sat in the library with a book in my hand, I wasn't reading it just watching something else. Ben has been going to the library everyday since the losers club split and I like to watch him researching Derry. I haven't had much contact with the others since what happened at the Well house, I talked to Stan but ended up making things worse. I only wanted to help him but he took it a different way and uninvited me to his bar mitzvah. I also tried talking to Richie but that didn't last long before an awkward silence crept over us and he left, things have been different since number 29. I decided to try reading my book again but I didn't get far before something caught my eye, Bill had entered the library. He ran over to Ben and explained something before Ben pointed at me and they both came over, "Y/N! Bev's been taken by It!" Bill said hastily and I jumped up from my seat. "I can help! But you need to trust me..." I said and they both nodded, "go find the others and I'll meet you next to the Well house." I said and pushed past them to get out. Time was ticking and I ran as fast as I could towards my house, although I didn't go to my house. I stood outside of 29 Neibolt street, staring at the boarded up windows. "Please work..." I whispered before making my way through the open door; whispers passed around the room as I came to a stop and then pale porcelain faces appeared around me. I squinted to get a better look at them, trying to pick out the one which had It. My eyes fell upon a doll with curly yellow hair and a pink dress, in one hand it held the knife. I knew that the dolls would pounce at any minute and so I ran across the room towards the doll that I needed, with a battle cry I pushed my foot out towards it and tiny pieces of pot went flying across the room. I looked down to see the shattered remains of the doll spread across the floor and I picked the knife out of the pile of clothes. My heart pounded in my chest as I dashed for the door. There was a creaking sound and I saw the door beginning to close, I sprinted even faster and just as it was about to shut I slid through the small gap and fell onto the front steps. My fingers throbbed and I looked down to see that the knife had pierced the surface of my bandages and gone through into my finger, with my right hand I reached over and yanked the knife out. I placed it on the porch and unwound the bandages to reveal a deep slash across my forefinger and a few scars, my eyes travelled up to find the rest of the losers club staring at me. "Hey guys." I said with a slight wave and all I got back was open mouths, "Wait. Is that Henry Bowers knife?" Ben asked and I nodded "I stole it a few months back and every time I try to get rid of it, It brings it back." I explained and he nodded in understanding.

Bill walked through the creaky gate and the others followed, once inside Eddie took off his fanny pack and threw it across the lawn. "Guys the spikes." Stan said and everyone nodded, Bill put one in his backpack while Richie looked round. After a minutes Richie bent down and picked something up out of the grass, it turned out to be a bottle and he smashed it against the rails of the stairs in order to make a sharp weapon however when he smashed it the whole thing broke so he threw the remanence into the long grass again. Bill walked up the stairs and led everyone inside; Richie turned around and spoke "Stan?" He said and I turned to see Stan frozen in the doorway. "Stan we all have to go. B...b...Beverly was right. I...if we split up like last time that clown will get us one by one. But if we s...st...stick together. All of us. We'll win." Bill said and Stan hesitated for a second before stepping through the door.

Once we arrived at the actual Well we began to look for something that we could use to get down it. I found a long rope by the side of a wall "Guys let's use this!" I shouted and they nodded. Mike tied it in a knot at the top around a big hook that was used to take buckets up and down before and then the first person climbed onto the rope. I helped to lower three people down before being lowered myself, I saw the hole in the wall coming up and stretched my arm out towards it but my arm wasn't long enough and I missed it by a few centimetres. I watched as a hand emerged and dragged me inside, it was Bill and I thanked him before moving back into the hole so that someone else could get in. Last but not least was Mike and I crawled to the front of the pipe that we were stood in to see where he was, Mike's face appeared and then he was flung backwards. I heard a grunt and then a second face appeared at the top of the Well, it was Henry but in a way it wasn't him. Blood dropped down his face in sticky lines and his eyes were wild and mad; he had a crazed grin that showed the craze in his mind and he laughed like a lunatic as he looked down upon us. The rope began to slip out of Bills hands and I watched as Henry pulled the rope up, I heard a scoff in the dirt and then Henry disappeared from the top of the Well. Muffled shouting echoed down the Well and Bill began to climb out of the hole shouting about helping Mike "I need to h...h...help m...Mike! I n...n...n...need to g...get up th...the...there!" He screamed as he pushed himself further and further out of our hiding space. A gun shot sounded around the room and I screamed Mike's name, it was a moment of silence, waiting to find out who had lost, dreading if it was Mike and then we heard Mike yell. Henry's body came toppling over the wells edge and as he fell he ricocheted off the walls in a zig zag pattern. Mikes head came over the top of the wall and he looked at us "I'm ok." He said before throwing the rope back over and beginning his descent.