Chapter 16- The well house 2

We caught up with Bill halfway to Neibolt street and rode the rest of the way together. I didn't want to go but I had no choice as Bill was the leader and we all respected him deeply. Bill dropped his bike and began to walk towards the door "Th...th...this....th..." Bill kept repeating, trying to get his words out but they wouldn't come. "Bill you can't go in there!" Beverly yelled and Bill turned around at the top of the first step, "this is crazy!" Beverly cried again and Bill looked at her, torn between finding Georgie and listening to Beverly. "Because....I can't.....i go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there." Bill said with tears filling up his eyes, "His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals..." he said working himself up into a state of anger. He paused for a second to look across our faces and then he continued "But what happens....what happens when another Georgie goes missing?" Bill asked and everyone watched him in silence. "Or another Betty or another Eddie or another...or....one of us!" Bill said heroically "Are you just gonna pretend that it isn't happening like everyone else in this town?" He continued and I shook my head "I won't let another kid be taken, not again." I replied. Bill looked at me and then took a deep breath, he trembled and continued his speech "so walking into this house....For me, it's easier than walking into my own." Bill finished. He turned around and walked up the final steps towards the door, "Wow." Richie said and Bev turned to look at him "What?" She asked and he looked at her as if she should know "He didn't stutter once...." he replied. Everyone began to walk towards the stairs except Stan who stood watching us, "Wait..." he called and everyone turned to look at him "Shouldn't we....um....have someone out here to keep watch. Just in case something bad happens." Stan suggested and Bill nodded at him with one hand on the door knob. "Wh...who wants to stay out here?" Bill asked and everyone raised their hand except for Beverly and himself. I found myself raising my hand as well even though I wasn't scared. Everyone turned round to look at each other and then back at Bill, Richie sighed and then Bill decided who he was taking with him.

The door creaked open slowly and the layout of the inside had changed from the last times that I had been in here, I walked in first accompanied by Eddie, then Bill and finally Richie. "I can't believe I pulled the short straw!" Richie said as he tiptoed in slowly, the room was dark and we could barely see. "You guys are walking in not..." Richie got out of his mouth and then Eddie whispered from beside me "Shut up Richie!" I felt my heart beating in my chest and I took slow and steady steps towards the middle of the room. Their were cobwebs strung from the banister like bunting and the stairs creaked under our weight as we walked up them. Everyone climbed the stairs and once we reached the top we split up a little, examining each aspect of the room. A foul stench burnt the little hairs in my nose and Eddie could obviously smell it too "I can smell that smell again." Eddie said and I nodded in agreement. It smelt disgusting and it hung around in the air when ever it was there. Richie walked over to a part of the room where some vines from a tree had managed to get in and plucked a poster from them, he looked in horror at what he was holding "This says I'm missing." He said slowly. I came over to where he was stood and peeked over his shoulder while Eddie and Bill looked from in front of him, surely enough it said that he was missing. Richie begun to freak out and hyperventilate "That's my hair! That's my face! That's my age! That's my age! That's my age!" He screamed and Bill wrestled his arms to take the poster while trying to calm him down "No. No. Please calm down!" He said while he fought for the poster. "What the hell!?!? I'm missing!" Richie yelled and Bill tried even harder to get the poster off of him. "Calm down Richie. Calm down. Look at me." Bill said holding Richie's hands away from his eyes. "That....that isn't real. It's playing tricks on you." Bill said and as soon as he'd said it a strange sound came from down the corridor. It was a mixture of a laugh and a cry which made us all turn to look in the direction that it had come from. "Betty?" Bill asked as he looked round the room and Richie finished his sentence "Ripsom?" He asked. "Guys I don't like this. Maybe we should leave." I suggested but my words seemed to be getting lost in the moment, a scream ring through the hall and I turned to see Betty's face disappearing through a door and her nails leaving behind scratches on the wooden floor as she was dragged away by something. I followed Richie and Bill down the hall towards it and at first I didn't notice Eddie slip away but I realised he was gone when it was too late. "So she's not here! Where did she go?" Richie asked as we entered the room that she had gone into, I moved further into the room. I looked behind me and saw that Eddie wasn't there. "Eddie! Eddie! Where are you?" Richie whispered but here was no sign of Eddie anywhere, "we're not playing hide and seek!" Richie said and a wispy voice replied "What are you looking for?" It whispered and I turned around to see Eddie running towards us down the hall. "Eddie!" I yelled and the door began to close, "No!" I screeched and dashed forward to catch the door. I reached it before it slammed and curled my fingers round it, screaming I used all of my weight to pull it back but no matter how hard I tried it kept closing. Eventually it closed fully with my fingers trapped between it and the door frame; Bill and Richie grabbed my arms and yanked me backwards which freed my fingers. Blood dropped down each of them and some of the bones were showing, I looked at my fingers with wide eyes and then Richie began to search for Eddie. He walked into another room and he got most of the way in before the door slammed shut and he too was blocked in, it was just me and Bill left now. I heard a soft Melodie coming from the other room and as much as I tried to resist it I couldn't, my feet carried me towards it and Bill noticed as I passed through the doorway "Y/N! Y/N! Get back h...here we need to stick to...together!" He whispered as the door closed. Blocking me in the room.....alone.