Chapter 22- The final part 2

"I told you Bill...I told you...I don't wanna die..." he said and I actually believed that he was going to walk straight out of the sewers right there and then. "You punched me in the face! You made me walk through sewage water! You made me go into a crack house! And now I'm going to have to kill this fricking clown!" Richie yelled, he grabbed a baseball bat from the pile and ran towards Pennywise. The clown dropped Bill and ran at Richie with a screech, "Welcome to the losers club asshole!" Richie yelled and swung the bat round at the clown. It collided with his head and threw the clown off of balance for a few minutes as it stumbled towards the side that the bat had not hit, Mike grabbed a spear that had fallen near him during the previous fight and ran at Pennywise. It's head craned back and its monstrous teeth stretched out to reveal more layers of sharp daggers, hands came out of Pennywise's throat and caught Mike's spear. He whimpered in fear but kept pushing the spear towards the clowns throat, Stan picked up a pipe from the floor and ran at Pennywise. He brought it down on the hands and the spear dropped as Mike ran back, the clowns face morphed into the lady from the painting that Stan was scared of. I had only seen it once but I knew that it was terrifying to him, it screeched again and Stan swung the pipe like a baseball bat. It hit Pennywise's face and he turned back into himself. He turned around to Mike again who was lying on the floor behind him, sharp crab legs stretched out of the clowns suit where his arms should have been and he clawed his way along the room after Mike who rolled along as fast as he could to avoid being impaled by the crab legs. Ben ran up behind Pennywise with a spear, he drove the top straight through the clowns chest and the same thing happened as in the Well house before when Bev stabbed him. A stream of blood came up through the hole from the front and then floated up into the air. I only realised that Bens band was stuck inside of the clowns back when Pennywise's face changed into the mummy that Ben had seen, long strands of bandage stretched from around its head and grabbed Ben. It began to drag him towards its roaring mouth that drooled saliva all over the floor, and on Bens arms as he pushed Pennywise's body away from his own. Bill dropped his flashlight and picked up a rusty chain that lay in a heap on the floor, he ran towards Pennywise and whipped him with it. Blood began to flow from his side and he let go of Ben, Richie rushed in with his bat and hit Pennywise as hard as he could. Pennywise crawled along the floor and faced Eddie, his face a contorted hobo from underneath 29 Neibolt street. Eddie stopped dead in his path and the clown threw up a large amount of black vomit all over Eddie, he was silent for a moment as everyone ewwwed at the sight and then he stood up. "I'm going to kill you!" He screamed and kicked the hobos face, Pennywise crawled backwards and then rushed at me. My worst nightmare appeared: a doll. It wasn't just a dolls face but a nurse doll, it had blood dripping from its mouth and I screamed at the top of my voice before grabbing Richie's baseball bat out of his hand and smashing the dolls head to pieces. Pennywise returned to his position again and now he was trying to target Beverly, I recognised who he was immediately, Al Marsh was no stranger to me, there was always something fishy about him. "Hey bevvie...are you still my l-" he said before Beverly rammed a spear down its throat with a scream, she backed away all the way up to Bill. The spear came out of Pennywise's throat and he gasped for air, Bill advanced on him and he scampered back as he gasped. The clown begun to laugh and cry at the same time and its body shook with its sound, "that's why you didn't kill Beverly..." Bill said with determination, he had picked his torch back up now and walked towards Pennywise. "Sh...sh...she wasn't afraid and we aren't either." Bill continued and Pennywise came to a stop as he hit the wall of the stand pipe, he had a deep frown on his face and he cried. "And you know that...Now your the one that's afraid...because your going to starve..." Bill said and I nodded in agreement, "We aren't scared of you! And we're going to kill you!" I yelled and Stan put his arm out in front ready to catch me if I tried to attack It again. Pennywise rolled backwards over his own head and over the edge of the wall, he flung on by his nails and muttered screams of pain through it all. "He thrusts his fist against the pole and still insists he sees the ghost...He thrusts his fist against the pole and still insists he sees the ghost..." Pennywise repeated over and over again in a deep voice, Stan moved forward past me as the only one left with a weapon and handed Bill his pipe. Bill moved towards Pennywise with the pipe held high but the clown dropped further into the stand pipe and then his head began to explode in slow motion, bits of flesh floated upwards into the air and a Bill lowered the pipe that he was holding. We all watched in astonishment as It's head floated away slowly, before his head had fully floated away he muttered "Fear." And dropped down the stand pipe. He disappeared out of view and everyone rushed to the edge to see if he had truly disappeared. Bill turned around to Bev and hugged her tightly, my eyes connected with Eddies and we both blushed. He whispered something to himself and then walked over to me, before I knew what was happening he kissed me. I returned his kiss and we broke apart after a few seconds, after that everyone looked up to see the kids floating down, "The kids are floating down..." Eddie pointed out and I nodded. Bill moved through the group with his gaze fixed on something at the bottom of the junk pile, I followed his stare and saw a piece of yellow fabric sticking up from underneath some old toys. Bill bent down and plucked the raincoat out of the trash, he held the fabric tightly and read the name. He began to sob and Richie crouched at his side, everyone crowded round him and out a hand on his back in support as he held the yellow cloth to his eyes as he cried. Bev wrapped her arms round Bill and then Richie hugged Bill and eventually we were all hugging Bill in a massive group hug. I'd never met Georgie but I knew that he was a great kid, any member of the Denbrough's was a brave kid. After that we left the sewers and went home, there was nothing more we could do. It was dead and so we returned to our homes.