Chapter 15- Slideshow

The next day was sunny so I got ready early and climbed onto my bike that I had dug out of the garage. I rode all the way to Stanley's house to see if he wanted to do anything today and when I got there his family were going inside from a shopping trip. "Oh hi sweetie. If your looking for Stan, he's gone out to Bills house." A tall woman said and the man that she was stood next to scowled at the mention of Stan's name, "That boy should be practising for his Bar mitzvah not galavanting round with his friends." He muttered and then disappeared into the house. I climbed back onto my bike and began the long ride to Bill's house, the time passed quickly as I cycled across town and eventually I reached the cracked tiles on Bill's drive. There was a cluster of bikes scattering the floor and one singular bike that was stood upright on its stand, I could recognise these bikes anywhere, they were the losers clubs bikes. My eyes fell on the open garage door and I wandered inside to find the group clustered around a projector. "Hi Y/N, your just in time." Stan said and I nodded while I examined the map of Derry that Bill had pinned up on the wall, Bill came back over to the projector and pushed one of the image cards into the designated space that he had made. A second map of Derry was projected onto the other and Bill positioned the projector so that both maps were identical and on top of each other. Richie dragged over some crates and I smiled at him as he gave me one, each person sat down except for Bill who was operating the projector. He pointed to a spot on the map from where he was stood and said "Look,  that's w...w...where juh...Georgie disappeared." I squinted my eyes at the small cross that marked the storm drain. There were a few more crosses as well and Bill proceeded to point them out "And th...there's the i...I...iron...ironworks and there's th...the black s...sp...spot." He said and I looked at all of the tiny crosses and imagined lines connecting them together in some sort of strange square. "Everywhere it happens. It's all connected by the sewers." Bill said and I was surprised that he managed to get out a full sentence without a stutter, "Its like it uses the sewers to move." I suggested as I turned round to look at Bill. "I...I...I don't th...think so." He said with a small shake of his head, I positioned myself so that I could see the map again and then he continued. "And they a...all meet u...up at the-" Bill said before Ben interrupted with "The Well house." A shiver was sent down my spine and I glanced at Eddie who was watching the map with wide, wondrous eyes. Stan turned to face Bill slowly "The house on Neibolt street." He said solemnly, "You mean that creepy house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep?" Richie asked and Stan nodded. Eddie reached for his aspirator and took 2 deep breaths from it, "I hate that place....it always feels like it's watching me." Beverly said and we all looked towards her. "I feel that too." I added and a few more nodded in agreement, Eddie pointed at 29 Neibolt street and said "That's where I saw it...where I saw the clown." I felt a slight weight drop in my stomach and I forced my next sentence to come out "That's where I saw whatever it is...that's where I saw it." I said. Bill spoke up again "Tha...th...that's where I....i....it lives." He replied and i felt the air grow hotter, something was going to happen but I wasn't sure what. "I can't imagine anything wanting to live their." Stan said and I nodded in agreement, "Besides if it lives there then how come there's all the hobos and junkies living there" I agreed and Eddie jumped up from his seat "Can we stop talking about this!?! I can barely breathe! This is summer, we're kids, I can barely breathe. I-I'm having an asthma attack. I am not doing this!" He yelled and in a single tug he pulled down the map of Derry, "Eddie p...put the m...m...map back!" Bill screeched and I could almost see the tension radiating off of them. Eddie shook his head at Bill and muttered "Uh uh." Everything went quiet. Suddenly the slideshow began to flash pictures of the Denbrough family, one after another, faster and faster. Eddie jumped out of the way and watched as the pictures moved on their own, "Georgie?" Bill muttered and the projector stopped on a picture of Georgie, Bill, his mum and his dad standing outside of a church. Hair flowed in front of his mums face and she had the expression of laughing ok her face. The photo began to move again this time zooming in on Bills mother and then the hair flew out of her face and revealed the clown. She slowly morphed into the twisted body of It and the laughing became and actual sound rather than a picture. "What is that!?! What is that?!?" Richie screamed hysterically and Eddie answered him, "I don't know!" He yelled back and I watched as the clown crawled half way out of the picture. "Someone turn off the damn projector!" I screeched and everyone begun to try and turn it off but nothing was working. Mike ran forwards and kicked the machine off of it pedestal onto the ground, their was a smashing sound and everything went dark. Silence filled the air and I let out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding.

But it wasn't over yet and the projector started projecting pictures again, the clown came out of the wall with a devilish smile on his face. I screamed and somehow Eddie found his way over to me in all of the chaos, out of the corner of my eye I saw Stan running from the clown which reached for him and Richie yelled to him "Stan! Get back here!" The clowns attention flicked to Beverly who stood in front of him and she inched backwards as he stormed towards her. Hands came up in front of her face and she trembled in fear, light filled the room immediately and I looked over to see that Ben and Mike had pulled the garage door open. Beverly ran straight over to them and thanked them before embracing Bill in a tight hug. "It saw us and it knows where we are!" Eddie said hysterically as we stood in a line next to the open garage door, "S...so l...l....let's go." Bill replied and I looked at him strangely "Go? Go where?" Ben asked and I nodded, "where exactly are we going Bill?" I asked and he turned around and pointed across a load of houses "Neibolt street. That's wh...wh...where jug...Georgie is." Bill responded with tears in his eyes "After that?" Stan asked with a trembling voice. "Yeah. It's summer. We should be outside." Richie added, Bills face contorted with anger "If you s...say I..it's sum...sum....summer one l...last time." Bill said and he pulled his bike out of the pile. He gave us one last look before cycling out of the drive, "Hey bill! Wait! Please!" I called after him and he ignored me completely. "Well I guess we have to go now." I whispered so that no one else could hear and began to climb onto my bike, "He is one ignorant kid." Richie said as he shook his head. "Come on.." I said as I began to pedal and everyone else followed me off of the drive and after Bill.