9

Miki Pov

'What is Vernon doing here oh god. Wait, is he holding flowers. Why? What? When?' My mind was racing. I was sweating profusely. He walked, strutted almost, down past the tables towards me. Everyone's eyes were on him. He had his hands behind his back but I could easily see that he had flowers. He walked up to my table and stopped. I was on the verge of some sort of panic attack but I couldn't let it ruin the 'moment'.

He didn't say anything he just gave me a bunch of flowers some chocolates and a piece of paper saying 'open me later'. After that, he just walked out like nothing had happened and the whole cafe was in a shared silent confusion of what had just happened. Suddenly I realised Tae would come back any minute so I called for a waitress and told her that I couldn't let Tae see these. She quietly told the rest of the cafe and they went into uproar. Some people split off to find some sort of vase other people were trying to find somewhere to hide the chocolates and the others were still in shock of what just happened. I slid the piece of paper in my pocket and I signalled for everyone to be quiet because Tae was coming back.

"Why is everyone so quiet" That was the first thing he said when he came back, so everyone tried having normal conversations even though they were all still looking and listening to us.

Yuni, who was probably watching the whole time, stood up after about a minute of pure awkward silence between me and tae and said extremely loudly whilst dragging Hana out of her chair "WELL WOULDN'T YA LOOK AT THE TIME WE GOTTA GET BACK FOR PERIOD 6 LET'S GO, GUYS!!!!" With that, she pulled Hana out of the shop.

After a moment of processing what she said I took the cue, stood up and told Tae I would meet him outside. I thanked everyone in the cafe and told the workers I would be back later to collect the flowers and chocolate cause hell no was I leaving food there. As I was walking out of the shop I bumped into Jungkook and Jisoo. I smiled at her and carried on walking back to Tae.

We all walked back to school in one massive awkward group. Tae and Jungkook were in the front not talking and we were all in the back talking very quietly about Vernon. By the time we got back to school we were laughing and talking about our failing love lives and the stupid stuff we did to each other today.

"You were crying under some stairs HAHAHHAHA omg you are so awk- Oh hi Mr lee what are you doing outside of school" I gulped and looked back, everyone was dead silent.

"I could ask you all the same thing" He grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the school with everyone scuttling behind in silence like a bunch of obedient puppies. We reached a door reading 'Heads office, please knock' to say our head was strict would be an understatement. He's so strict he makes Mr Lee nice. He's so strict he gave someone a 2-hour detention for having their hair down. So we are fucked. Mr Lee knocked on the door in a way the villains knock on doors in movies, slow motion and really loud. I looked at the door next to us and I so wished to be going in there it had children's drawings stuck to it and lollypops and stuff like that.

But no the booming voice of our headmaster said "ENTER" so we entered. I was so scared I grabbed Tae's hand for comfort and squeezed it for dear life. "WHY ARE THEY HERE?!" Jesus Christ man no need to shout I think I just burst my eardrum. Mr Lee explained and the head, whose name I actually didn't know, slowly turned his head to us and his face went bright red. I could hear the faint bell of lunch ending but I didn't want to jinx anything so I kept quiet.

Just like that, he went off on one. I pretty much zoned out until I heard "AND YOU WILL ALL HAVE AFTER SCHOOL DETENTIONS FOR 2 WEEKS OR YOU WILL GET EXCLUDED UNDERSTAND" OMG my parents are going to kill me.

"Understand" We all murmured in unison.

"MR LEE ESCORT THEM TO THEIR LAST LESSON I'LL SEE YOU AFTER, YOU ARE DISMISSED"

Mr Lee led us through the empty corridors. He nodded at a few teachers and shouted at a few wandering children. We got to our history classroom about 30 minutes late. Mr Lee knocked on the door and walked in. Everyone was staring at us. Mr Lee explained and some of the children started snickering but we just went and found our seats.

After an extremely laborious lesson, we went to 5A to have our detention. We got there and sat down, we were pretty early so other kids started arriving. I think in the end there was us, Mingyu, S-coups, of course, Jimin, Namjoon and Hobi and the new kid Yoongi. I never knew so many people had after-school detentions. The teacher wasn't there so everyone was making a lot of noise. S-coups was standing on a table shouting at Mingyu, Tae and Jungkook were laughing at each other and doing stupid stuff, Hana was laying on the floor laughing at Yuni because she fell off a table and Jisoo was sitting on her. Yoongi was the only quiet person in the class.

A small timid teacher walked in with a pile of papers. Poor woman stood no chance against this lot. "Hush children please be quiet" Everyone turned around at the same time and then turned back to their friends.

"Please be quiet" Everyone just ignored her until the head walked in.

"SILENCE" Everyone jumped into their chairs and shut up. "RIGHT MISS umm MISS WILL BE TAKING THIS DETENTION TODAY BE GOOD OR ELSE!!!" He loves shouting. We all nodded in unison and he left.

The miss teacher person's phone started to ring. "Sorry kids I need to take this" she stepped outside and we all started talking again. She started screaming something then a couple minutes later came back in with bloodshot eyes packed her bag and left.

"Wtf was that" The class went into chaos. After a while, everyone started calming down.

"I'm leaving" Jimin left with Namjoon and Hobi. S-coups and Mingyu left. Then Yoongi left.

"Come on guys we're like the only people here let's go" Yuni stood up and walked out of the classroom. I didn't want to get in trouble but I already have 2 weeks after school detention so idgaf.

------------------------------------------------------------

time skip to Miki getting home cause I'm lazy

------------------------------------------------------------

I walked up to the door and could hear my mum shouting at Jimin. Oh god, why is she back? I slowly put my key in the door and turned it trying not to draw attention to myself. They were in the kitchen my mum and dad were shouting at Jimin about skipping school and after-school detentions. I tiptoed up to my room and shut the door.

I was looking for a pen in my blazer and pulled out the note Vernon gave me earlier. 'open me later'...