32

the kiss progressively got more heated before being cut off by Jimin screaming at the top of his lungs. Tae clambered off of Miki shot her a quick glance and sprinted past Jimin, down the stairs and out of the house. only to run straight into the chest of a very tall, extremely tough man. who just so happened to be Miki's dad. Jimin came running out the house screaming at Tae telling him never to see Miki ever again, he stopped abruptly when he saw his dad. he nervously chuckled as Tae looked up at the 6'4 man staring him down with a look that could kill. Tae took that opportunity to bolt out of their driveway and as far away as he could from that messed up toxic masculinity.

Back in the driveway Jimin shuffled away from his dad but hit the door leaving him corned. his dad dropped the bag he was holding and slowly approached his son shaking with anger "where the fuck is Miki?!". it sounded more like a command than a question which made Jimin's stomach drop in fear. "n-no it was my fault i promise" Jimin desperately tried to buy his sister as much time as he could, he hoped she heard all the chaos and was trying to find a way to escape. his dad wasn't wasting any time and harshly pushed Jimin onto the floor, not caring if the boy landed in the glass he dropped earlier. he stormed upstairs emitting anger as he passed, Miki desperately tried to pry her window open tears streaming down her cheeks as she heard the footsteps of her dad and the cries of her brother from the driveway. it popped open just as her dad rattled with the door handle, she had pushed her dresser in front of it which bought her more time, she left the window open slid down the pole of her balcony ran into the driveway put her brother on her back and ran as fast as she could. she dropped Jimin off at Namjoon's house and got ready to go find Tae. Namjoon opened the door annoyed but his face immediately softened when he saw Jimin's bleeding leg and Miki's tear-stained face. he beckoned them in, sat them on the sofa and tended to Jimin's wound. this wasn't new to Namjoon, his house being the place everyone went to when they were having domestic issues.
"so... what happened?" Namjoon asked tenderly as if not to scare Miki away. she answered softer than a whisper looking off at the window and not making eye contact seemingly preoccupied with her thoughts, "Tae kissed me, my dad came home, he ran into my dad and my dad pushed Jimin over... its all my fault... I need to go" she got up abruptly, tears streaming down her face as she made a b-line for the exit. Jimin went to stand and weakly reached for her arm but Namjoon pushed his hand away, "Let her go, she's a big girl she needs to figure things out by herself, you can't protect her forever Jimin." Namjoons wise words tore Jimins heart apart, he stood up fueled with rage and screamed in Namjoons face "SHUT UP WHAT DO YOU KNOW YOU DONT HAVE A FUCKING SISTER DO YOU. SHE'S GOING OUT THERE TO LOOK FOR THAT ASSHOLE. I WON'T LET IT HAPPEN I WILL STOP THEM AND YOU CANT FUCKING STOP ME!!"
he turned to punch Namjoon but stopped when he saw not fear in his eyes but warmth, he looked almost proud, which for some reason struck a chord for Jimin and he collapsed into Namjoons embrace as he sobbed uncontrollably.
Jimin soon fell asleep so Namjoon carried him to the guest room tucked him in and kissed his forehead, he then snuck off quietly to his room where Hobi was already asleep after waiting so long for Namjoon to return. the anime they were watching together was still paused and the popcorn was all gone, he climbed into bed pulled Hobi into his chest and covered them both with the duvet.
a small voice broke the stiff silence of the room, "what took so long?" Namjoon stroked his hair and changed position so he could hold him closer, "I'm sorry baby, friend stuff you know... I don't have work tomorrow want to stay the night again we can finish it then I promise" the silence built back up which Namjoon took as a bad thing but really it was Hoseok falling in and out of consciousness. "I'd love that babe" he smiled as he snuggled into his boyfriends chest and fell into a deep slumber. Namjoon soon followed draping his leg over Hoseok's sleeping body.