005

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter fiveolivia prescott

chapter five
olivia prescott

"what do these... two lines... mean on the isosceles triangle?" mr kirby's slow, old voice spoke out to the math class. 20 minutes. 20 minutes and i can run out this classroom.

"april?" mr kirby chose out, adjusting his chained glasses to look at her. april sighed frustratingly and answered, correctly:

"the angles are equal, sir."

i looked over to grayson who was moved to the front for 'misbehaving'. yes, mr kirby, knocking a glue stick off a desk is misbehaving. he was making faces as if he was falling asleep to purposely make me laugh. i almost lost it when he did an impression of sir pulling his glasses up.

however, i wasn't the one to lose it. a muffled laugh sounded from behind my back which led me to confusion. turning around, i was suddenly greeted with tropical green eyes looking straight at me.

alex o'malley. the joker, class clown if you wanted to give him a label. he's best-known for doing all the cliché pranks on teachers and even students. name a prank and i bet you he's all of them. cling film over the toilets, pin/whoopee cushion on the teacher's chair, silly string, everything.

no matter how much of a funny person he is, alex's best friend is bradley. so that's why i rarely talk to him.

alex raised his eyebrows at me as if to say 'you ok?' as i realised i have been staring for a bit too long. i nodded my head shyly and turned back to the front. grayson's smirk and snickers were not helping me.

"grayson?" mr kirby suddenly picked out making grayson's eyes avert from mine.

"michael," grayson cockily greeted in the same way making several people snicker. mr kirby tensed and released a breath to restrain himself.

"what is the answer to the question?"

immediately, grayson turned to me and swallowed nervously. i rolled my eyes and decided to help him out.

75 degrees, i mouthed to him and he smiled.

"75 degrees, sir," he answered and mr kirby looked thrilled, almost surprised. i looked down in order to avoid grayson's smirk that i knew would come my way.

math dragged on for a while, alex had stopped laughing and talking in that matter - he probably fell asleep, which is good for me since he's sat directly behind me. 10 minutes to 3 the clock read until i, and the whole class, was interrupted.