021

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

 chapter twenty-oneolivia prescott

chapter twenty-one
olivia prescott

"name?" mrs browne asked, looking down at a piece of paper. i was stood at the door to the detention room, a whole line of people who had detention stood in a queue behind me.

"mrs browne, you've taught and known me for 3 years," i replied, making her look up at me. she pursed her lips together.

"no excuses... olivia." i sniggered quietly before walking into the room and sitting on a desk in the right back corner.

i watched several different people from my school walk in. some people i knew, some people i just recognised their faces.

you may be wondering why i'm here. i'm here for that one time mrs browne marked me down as late but i also have another detention for not finishing that english essay yesterday. let's just say i had better things to do... like sitting on the roof and talking to grayson about life.

speaking of grayson, he was the next person to walk through the door and say his name to the teacher. mrs browne had scattered people about the classroom so we couldn't talk to them. she placed grayson on the back row but on the left corner.

i smiled at grayson watching him walk past me and he gave me a toothy grin.

"welcome to lunchtime detention. you may have realised i have spaced everyone out. this is so you won't interact with others. you will not go on your phone, no talking, no whispering, no whistling, no humming, no mouthing."

mouthing, seriously?

"no communication at all. you have 40 minutes and your 40 minutes start now," the teacher finished, looking at her watch. i sneaked a quick look at my phone, the time reading that it was 5 minutes past 12 o'clock.

she wrote detention scruffily on the blackboard in capital letters before leaving the room to her office down the hallway.

altogether there was 8 people in the room. me, grayson, emily (she gave me a dirty look when she entered the room), one of grayson's friends that i've seen him around with once or twice and a few people from my biology and english class.

i sighed, resting back in my chair and taking a piece of gum out my pocket to chew.

"psst!" i heard somebody whisper to my left. it was grayson, watching the door carefully. he reached his hand out, mentally asking for a piece of gum. i rolled my eyes, smiling, before grabbing another piece and throwing it over to him.