020

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

chapter twentyolivia prescott

chapter twenty
olivia prescott

since thursday, i've been getting addicted.

on friday, i was caught by my best friends, jade and april. we were at my locker and a pack was hidden under a book in my locker. they were talking amongst themselves at the side and i swiftly picked it up and put it in my front hoodie pocket.

i told them i'd catch them later so i went to the garden in the music room to smoke. what i didn't notice was that they came to meet me at the door.

"olivia?" jade asked, anger in her voice. it scared me half to death and i hid the cigarette behind my back even though i just inhaled.

"what's behind your back?"

i tried to talk but smoke was still in my mouth. i let out a nervous laugh, smoke coming from my mouth.

they both gasped at the same time.
"olivia, what are you doing?" april exclaimed.
"i can't help it!" i protested.
"you're seventeen!" jade argued, flipping her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder.

she was right. i was too young. but i meant what i said when i said i couldn't help it. it's funny how before i couldn't stand the thought of smoking and now it's all i think about.

now it was sunday night and i didn't finish an english essay due tomorrow morning on purpose. i was sat on the roof outside my bedroom window, grayson sat on his, opposite my house. the sunrise was setting over the chrome green trees, setting the atmosphere perfectly.

i watched grayson bring a cigarette to his lips, taking a drag.
"i can't believe he actually taught you how to smoke," he spoke up in disbelief. he let out a low chuckle as smoke rose from his mouth.

"i know, how stupid am i?" i smirked, putting my lighter in my pocket after lighting mine.
"not as stupid as me, i started after my parents divorced, a year and a half ago."

[play song now]

i nodded, hugging my knees and resting my chin on the top of them. i held it in between my fingers, staring off in the peaceful distance. the sky was a beautiful colour of orange, mixed with a hint of red.

"what are you wishing for?" grayson said, noticing i hadn't said anything for a while. i looked over at him as he threaded his fingers through his dark hair.

"how do you mean?" i asked confusedly.
"you looked as if you were thinking hard about something," he said with a rasp in his voice.

"i wish jack never came back, to be honest," i confessed, bringing my cigarette away from my lips.

"so do i."
"have you ever even talked to him?" i asked, eyebrows furrowed.
"no," grayson started and i sniggered, "but i still don't like him."

there was another comforting silence.
"what do you wish for?" i asked grayson, flicking the end of my cigarette, ashes flowing off. his eyes locked with mine, i swear i saw them twinkling in the light.

"i wish we didn't have those 3 years that kept us apart."

i smiled, feeling my cheeks heat up. he can be so adorable sometimes.
"i wish that too." a huge smiled appeared on grayson's face.

grayson's smile is contagious. he was one of those smiles that brightens up his whole face. you would be able to tell when he's faking a smile because his face wouldn't shine.

about half an hour later, grayson and i shared conversations i didn't think i'd ever talk about with anyone. i'm so lucky to have somebody like him.

the sky was almost completely pitch black when i looked at the time on my phone.

"it's 8:15, i'm gonna head back inside," i announced, putting my cigarette out. i threw it off the roof and watched it land into a bush.

"yeah, same, guess i'll see you tomorrow then?" grayson replied, following my actions and throwing his into the same bush.
"yep, goodnight gray."
"night liv."

i smiled, standing up, careful not to slip and walked over to my slightly open bedroom window. i opened it fully, climbing in, watching grayson pull his window down. he gave me a toothy grin and i returned, getting weird butterflies in my stomach.

i headed for my bathroom to take a shower. after i took one, i brushed my teeth thoroughly and then got changed into simple joggers and t shirt. i sprayed deodorant, popped a mint in my mouth and snuggled into my bed, opening netflix on my macbook.

although it was coming up to 9 pm, i started to watch a movie, specially donnie darko. i pressed play, grabbing a tissue box from my bedside table. you know, just in case.

young jake gyllenhaal - wow, i'd let him run me over and i'd say thank you. i was a good 25 minutes into the movie and i unknowingly looked over into grayson's bedroom window.

the sight i saw made my stomach drop. casually, grayson was on his bedroom floor, doing push-ups shirtless. his back muscles flexed every time he pulled up and down, leaving me weak at the knees. i tried looking away and paying attention to the movie but my eyes kept focusing on him.

he stood up, stretching his arms, unintentionally tensing his six pack. taking a deep breath, i paused netflix and drew the curtains so i wasn't tempted to keep staring at grayson.

as much as i wanted keep looking, i stopped myself and carried on watching donnie darko.

THIS CHAPTER IS SO FRICKING SHORT AND I APOLOGISE FOR THAT BUT IT WAS A BIG FAT FILLER IM SORRY OK.

anyways still hoped you enjoyed this chapter, i'm really excited because i've got a lot in store for the future of this book sksk woooo.

word count: 988 (sorry lol)
published: 17th february 2019