025

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

chapter twenty-fiveolivia prescott

chapter twenty-five
olivia prescott

once i heard mum leave, i've been sat in my bed, contemplating what i should say to grayson. do i get straight to the point and ask him or beat around the bush? do i be nice or forward?

around twenty minutes later, i was tying my shoelaces of my beaten black converse before grabbing my house keys and walking next door.

i know grayson told me to just walk in but i wasn't expecting to go inside. besides, i didn't even know who would open the door.

i knocked four times on the door and waited a few seconds. i heard the keys on the opposite side of the door jangle rapidly before the door opened. grayson was revealed, running a hand through his floppy hair.

"olivia, where were you all day? i was look–"
"why did you punch jack?" i interrupted him, watching his face drop. he cleared the rasp in his voice and whispered.

"what?"
"jack, he told me you punched him and i want to know why you didn't tell me," i spoke quite firmly, which was unusual, even for me.

grayson looked behind me before stepping out his house and closing the door.

"liv, there's a reason i didn't tell you," grayson sighed and i rolled my eyes.
"and what might that reason be?" i asked, unamused.

i waited for words to leave grayson's mouth but five seconds had gone past, and grayson didn't do anything expect close his eyes and exhale.

"wow, you don't even have one, do you?" i sighed, my arms unfolding over my chest to fall down to my sides. i shook my head and started to walk away but grayson caught my arm.

"liv, wait. it's because i didn't want you to worry about it," grayson explained.
"oh, so you telling me right now instead of earlier just makes me not worry at all?" i said sarcastically and grayson's head dropped. he started to chew on his lower lip as i continued.

"and to hear about it from jack, himself, making me look like an idiot. grayson, you lied to me and physically hurt one of my friends. i–"
"hey! in my defence, jack has fucked you over before and who's to say he won't do it again," grayson fired back, taking me by surprise.

"you want to know why i did it? because he tried to kiss you when i was standing right next to you. he tried to take advantage of you when he knew that you were drunk, was i gonna let that happen? no. do i regret it... yes and no. jack's an asshole and he always has been, but i swear, olivia, i swear i never meant to hurt you in any way. please forgive me, i'm so sorry," he pleaded, taking my hand and giving it a squeeze.

it took me a few seconds to process what was just said. even though grayson's cute actions made me feel as if my stomach was backflipping, something was holding me back from forgiving this boy.

"i don't know, gray–"
"i can give you space, anything, just so i know that you can forgive me. i know i fucked up and i really feel horrible," grayson explained and i nodded along. this time, it was my turn to now avert my eyes from his.

i looked back up at grayson and i could see it in his eyes what he wanted. forgiveness. his eyes were glassy, similar to a doll's, his eyebrows turned upwards, defining his true emotions. i hated seeing him like this, and i hated it even more when i knew i was the reason why.

i gave grayson's hand a small squeeze back before letting go.
"i'm sorry, grayson, i just– i need some space," i replied, my breath hitching in my throat. grayson blinked repeatedly as he nodded.

i turned away, heading straight back to my front porch, already feeling grayson's eyes drilling holes in my back. i just need to think things over.

i closed my front door, sliding down it before sitting on the ground. my head fell into my hands, the sound of silence giving me a headache. i glanced at the clock on the wall in front of me, reading that it was quarter to six.

suddenly, i started to feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. hurriedly, i fished it out but a frown grew on my face when i read the caller ID. i put my phone back away in my pocket whilst it went to voicemail.

not even 2 seconds later, it vibrated twice again.

no, jack, i'm not okay

no, jack, i'm not okay. look at me. i'm a mess.

i stood up and ran up the staircase to my room where i opened my closet. behind several old scarfs and stuffed animals, i reached out and grabbed a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. i knew this was bad, but i need to think things through. i need a break, i'm stressed out.

first, i checked to see if grayson's drapes were closed and since they were, i opened my window and climbed out into the roof.

taking one cigarette and lighting the end, i inhaled its toxic scent, blowing its essence away as i stared off at the californian sun setting. the skies were turning an orange colour.

i've got used to the smell now, not liking it when i first started. i will say i regret starting because i do, but i can't resist it.

some people just have that effect on others. that influence. that reputation to uphold. that feeling to impress others or to make them feel proud. we've all done it at least once in our lives because that's what people are like nowadays - we pretend to be people we are not, just for others.

i brought my cigarette up to my lips again, taking a long drag and flicking the end. as i exhaled, i felt my phone vibrate in my coat pocket once again.

the same contact name showed up again like before. jack. i rolled my eyes and hit the red decline button which is what showed up this time.

if he calls me one more damn time, i swear to actual god, i will cut a bitch.

againnnnn this is short and i'm sorry for that. also i'm still soft for grayson's because of the last tuesday video. elle is so adorable and so is gray uwu

published: 18th april 2018
word count: 1089