034

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

chapter thirty-fourolivia prescott

chapter thirty-four
olivia prescott

i heard a car honk from outside and i gathered all my things together quickly. i swung my backpack over my shoulder and yelled goodbye to my mum upstairs.

"have a good last day, pumpkin!" i heard her shout back.

i opened the front door, grayson's baby blue porsche parked at the front of my house. i saw his cute smile from the window. i walked down the garden path and sat in the passenger seat of his car.

"morning, baby," grayson softly spoke, leaning forward and gave me a lingering kiss on the lips.

i started to pull away but his hand rested on the back of my head, pulling me closer. i giggled against his mouth.

"grayson, we're gonna be late!" i exclaimed. he rolled his eyes, throwing me a side-smirk.
"when are we not?"

after we listened to songs by kid cudi, tame impala and travis scott, we arrived at school in the busy parking lot.

grayson and i have been keeping our relationship a secret between us as we sneaked around all last week. nobody seemed to realise even though i think april knew something was up. of course, bradley, alex and jade were as thick as anything and had no idea.

however, today is our last day of school before the long summer vacation, would we tell anyone today? i didn't have any time to talk to grayson about it as we walked our different ways to homeroom.

🏹 ੈ☁️‧₊

as mrs browne was checking everyone's attendance, i noticed that april wasn't sat in her desk next to me.

my eyes averted to the door where i could cleared see out into the hallway through the window. my mouth actually dropped open when i saw that april was out there. but not alone. she was with alex.

april and alex broke up because alex wasn't ready to be in a relationship or some shit like that. april was heartbroken even if they were going out for a couple months. but seeing them talk after weeks? that's weird.

i watched them, they looked like they were deep in conversation. then, alex leant forward and gave april a tight hug. she seemed pretty taken back but managed to walk through the door before mrs browne said her name.

"what the fuck was that all about?" i whisper-shouted, turning to face her.
"don't give me that look," she started, referencing to my gobsmacked expression, "i didn't know he would talk to me."

"well, spill. what did he say?"
she looked around and came closer to me.

"basically he just said he was sorry for ending things without any warning. he was like 'i don't want things to be awkward between us'," she did a terrible alex impression, "and yeah, we're gonna stay friends. then, he gave me a hug which i was not expecting."

i gave april an apologetic look because i knew what she was gonna say next.

"i just miss him so much," april groaned, putting her head on her desk and sighing loudly.
"i know, everything will get better sooner or later," i said, rubbing her arm.

"now, shush. mrs browne's glaring at you."

🏹 ੈ☁️‧₊

"can you believe we're gonna be seniors next year?" i asked grayson as he stood beside me at my locker.
"i know, it's crazy," he replied, smiling down at me.

i put my phone in the pocket of the hoodie i was wearing. grayson gave me it in second period.

i noticed him looking at me from the corner of my eyes so i looked up at him, an instant grin forming on my face.

"what?" i laughed nervously.
"i just wanna show you off!" he moaned, looking like he was about to throw a tantrum like a toddler.

"i know!" i replied in the same way, making him chuckle.
"just one kiss."
"grayson, there's people-"
"a peck."
"gray-"

before i knew it, grayson licked his lips, grabbed the sides of my face and pressed his lips to mine. i thought he would just peck me but he lingered. people started to gasp as i felt all eyes on me. seriously, do they not have anything better to do?

grayson smiled against my lips, beginning to move his mouth in sync with mine. laughing, i pulled away and saw april and jade running over to the pair of us.

"WHAT, WHEN, HOW, WHERE?!" they exclaimed at both of us.
"THAT WAS ALL GRAYSON'S FAULT!" i exclaimed back, turning to the people that were still staring too.

grayson put his head in his hands.

"i guess that grayson and i are officially dating," i said calmly as his hand rested under the hoodie on my bare waist, butterflies exploding in my stomach.

"fucking finally!" april sighed, smiling like a maniac.
"y'all announcing that you're dating to us is like how people announce they're pregnant, and that's the kind of relationship i want," jade said and we all erupted into laughter.

i turned to grayson and planted a sweet kiss on his cheek to which he grinned widely, his dimples popping out.

i really am a lucky girl.

[unedited]
thIS IS SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER BECAUSE I WANTED TO GET SOMETHING UP AND I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE A WEEK AND I DONT WANT TO TAKE HUGE GAPS IN BETWEEN CHAPTERS WHEN ThE STORY IS ALMOST FINISJED OKAY?! OKAY.

published: 7th august 2019
word count: 909