029

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

chapter twenty-nineolivia prescott

chapter twenty-nine
olivia prescott

"JUST TELL HER THE TRUTH, PETER!" i screamed at my tv screen, stuffing my face with a handful of popcorn.

lara jean sighed on the screen, looking up at peter kavinsky with teary eyes.
"peter, am i just a joke to you?"

suddenly, my phone started ringing next to me. picking up the remote, i paused the tv and looked at the caller id. april.

"hey, apricot," i answered happily, a bright smile on my face. suddenly, my expression changed completely when i heard sobs and sniffles from the opposite side of the phone line.

"hey, are you alright? what's wrong?"
"i-it's alex," she choked out, "h-he broke up with m-me."

my mouth dropped open in shock, her words replaying in my head before it finally hit me.

"wait... what?!" i practically screamed, "what happened? did that son of a bitch hurt you in anyway? because if he did, you already know i'm at his house about to hurt him in one place only!"

"o-olive, it's fine, i just..." she took a pause to sniffle and take a deep breath, "i-i need someone to be with right now. can you come over?"

"yes of course," i replied with no hesitation.
"thank you, i appreciate it."
"i'll be there in 10."

🏹 ੈ☁️‧₊
the next day

collecting all the textbooks and workbooks from my desk, i shoved them all in my school bag and slung that over my shoulder. i unplugged my phone from charge and ran out my room.

"i'm going, mum, see you later!" i shouted for her to hear in the kitchen.
"bye, have a nice day, pumpkin!"

i darted our the door and to my car. just as i looked up from putting my car key in, i spotted grayson coming out of his house next door. we made eye contact for a few seconds before i waved slightly at him.

he still had that look, the look i saw a few days ago. he looked like he hadn't got any sleep and it was very easy to tell. a couple more seconds later, he was still gazing at me and he smiled small.

i turned away to reverse out my drive-way and when i looked back in the rear view mirror, grayson was already in his own car.

🏹 ੈ☁️‧₊

"olivia, can i talk to you?" a voice sounded from behind me.