031

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter thirty-oneolivia prescott

chapter thirty-one
olivia prescott

after i ate my breakfast, i made my way downstairs and was greeted by a disgusting sight. david making out with my mum on the couch.

"oh, ok!" i yelled, covering my eyes, "that's... normal?" eww, older people making out.

"oh, sorry, pumpkin," mum spoke, standing up at dusting her clothes down, "you know david, right?"

she started laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world and david joined in, bringing her into his side for a hug.

"aww, at least you have each other to laugh at your jokes," i replied with a sarcastic laugh. david gave my mum a quick peck on the cheek which i actually thought was kind of cute.

i'm really glad my mum found someone who made her genuinely happy. i knew she was broken after my dad left and there was nothing i could do to console her. as for david, i feel the same way, i'm glad he's found someone as amazing as my mum.

i went into the kitchen to eat a breakfast bar even though i just had a whole ass breakfast. my phone vibrated in my bed shorts pocket so i sat down on a island stool to read it.

 my phone vibrated in my bed shorts pocket so i sat down on a island stool to read it

mum and david suddenly strolled in, causing me to speedily hide my phone. they didn't suspect anything so i was safe.

"there's actually something we wanted to tell you, liv," david spoke up, making me very observant of the pair of them.

his arm around her waist, her left hand hidden behind her back, the bright and joyful smiles imprinted on both their faces.

my face started to light up with happiness, thinking i knew what was coming.

"well, i'll get straight to the point... we're engaged!" mum exclaimed cheerfully, showing me the shiny ring on her left hand.

and i screamed. like i genuinely screamed at the top of my lungs. of happiness, of course. in fact, i felt tears well up in the brim of my eyes as i hopped off the stool and ran to the happy couple. i threw my arms around the pair of them, jumping up and down excitedly.